British High Commission Latest Job Vacancy | www.gov.co.uk
The British High Commission is inviting applications from eligible and interested Nigerians and South Africans for the position of Regional Visa Officer in the organization’s office at Abuja, Lagos, or Pretoria.
This position is a twelve (12) months fixed term zero hours contract from September 2018, though there may be an option to extend the contract depending on the demand or as well apply for a full-time contract depending on the candidate’s performance.
The successful candidates must have the capability of traveling around the Africa region and will be responsible for carrying out different tasks in order to support visa operations.
Functions of the Regional Visa Officer in the British High Commission
- This position holder will be responsible for assessing visa applications in an adequate, courteous and objective manner.
- This position holder will be responsible for taking quick and pragmatic decisions to issue and refuse visas in line with the Immigration Rules and within agreed time-scales.
- This position holder will be responsible for dealing with correspondence and other inquiries from applicants, sponsors, and members of the public.
- Responsible for preparing well-presented and accurate replies, written in plain English, within given times.
- Responsible for organizing written statements and paperwork related to the appeals process, and also making sure that they are well and accurately presented.
Requirements for the Position of Regional Visa Officer in the British High Commission
- Applicants should have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants should have the ability to work accurately and faster.
- Applicants should have the ability to work under pressure.
- Applicants should have the positive approach to tackling problems and a willingness to take on new tasks.
- Applicants should be experienced in visa section (strongly preferred).
- Applicants are required to know how to make use of computer software packages such as MS Word, Excel and straightforward databases.
- Applicants should be fluent in oral and written English.
- Applicants should be computer literate.
- Applicants should have typing skills of at least 25 words per minute.
- Must be customer focused.
- Must be polite and courteous under pressure.
- Must be an excellent team player.
Npower Deployed 300,000 Successful Candidates | See how to Check
- Click here
- Read the full requirements and additional information.
- Click on the “Apply” button.
- Follow the on-site guide and complete the application.