Delsu Postgraduate Programmes Admission 2019/2020
The Delta State University, Delsu Postgraduate Programmes Admission for 2019/2020 academic session is currently ongoing for the suitably qualified candidates.
Applications are hereby invited from the interested applicants for regular and weekend postgraduate programmes on Postgraduate Diploma, Professional Masters, Academic Masters and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in the University.
Available Courses for the Delta State University, Delsu Postgraduate Programmes
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension (PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
- Agricultural Economics/Agricultural Extension
Department of Animal Science (PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
- Animal Science
Department of Fisheries (PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
Department of Forestry and Wildlife (PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
Department of Agronomy (PGD, Professional Master, M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
- Crops Science
- Crop Protection
- Soil Science
FACULTY OF ARTS
Department of Fine and Applied Arts (MFA)
- Textile Design
M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in Art History
Ph.D. Studio Art
Department of History (M.A. and Ph.D.)
Department of Music (PGDM; M.A. and Ph.D.)
Department of Religious Studies and Philosophy (M.A. /Ph.D.)
- Old Testament Studies
- New Testament Studies
- Church History – Sociology/Philosophy of Religion
- African Traditional Religions
- Christian Theology
- Sociology of Religion
- Physiology of Religion
Department of Theatre Arts (M.A. and Ph.D.)
- Theatre Arts
Department of Languages and Linguistics (M.A.)
- French language and Linguistics;
- Literature in French; and Translation.
Department of English and Literary Studies
MA and Ph.D. programmes with Options in:
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
Department of Physiology (M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology (M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
Department of Educational Management and Foundations (M.Ed./Ph.D.)
- Educational Administration
- Higher Education Administration
- Educational Planning
Department of Guidance and Counseling (M.Ed./Ph.D.)
- Guidance and Counseling
- Measurement and Evaluation
Department of Library and Information Science (PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
- Library and Information Science
Department of Science Education (M.Ed and Ph.D.)
- Curriculum Studies
Department of Social Science Education (M.Sc. (Ed.) and Ph.D.)
- Social Studies Education
Department of Vocational Education (M.Ed. and Ph.D.)
- Agricultural Education
- Home Economics
Department of Technical Education (M.Sc. (Ed.))
- Industrial Technology Education
Department of Human Kinetics and Health Education (M.Ed. and Ph.D.)
- Human Kinetics Education
- Exercise Physiology and Sports Science
- Sports Management
- Health Education
POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES IN INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Basic Education (PGDBE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Management (PGDEM)
FACULTY OF LAW
- Master of Laws (LL.M.)
- Master Degree in Law and Diplomacy (MLD)
- D. in Law
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Department of Business Administration and Marketing
- PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Management
- PGD, M.Sc.in Marketing
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Department of Animal and Environmental Biology (PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
- Animal and Environmental Biology
Department of Biochemistry (M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
Department of Chemistry (M.Sc., Ph.D.)
- Analytical/Environmental Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Industrial Chemistry
Department of Geology (M.Sc.)
- Engineering Geology
- Environmental Geology
- Petroleum Geology
- Mineral Exploration
Department of Mathematics
- Sc. Mathematics
- Sc. Industrial Mathematics
- D. Mathematics
Department of Physics (M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
- Solid State Physics
- Radiation & Health Physics
- Theoretical Physics
Department of Microbiology (M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
- Food and Industrial Microbiology
Department of Computer Science (PGD, M.Sc)
- Computer Science
FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Business Administration (M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
- Business Administration
Department of Economics (M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
Department of Geography and Regional Planning (M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
- Geography and Regional Planning
Department of Mass Communication (M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
- Mass Communication
Department of Political Science
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Political Science
- PGD, M.Sc and Ph.D. in Public Administration
(6) Department of Sociology (M.Sc. and Ph.D.)
FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA)
- Professional Master Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Department of Economics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Petroleum Economics (PGDPE)
- Professional Master Degree in Energy and Petroleum Economics (MEPE)
Department of Mass Communication
- Postgraduate Diploma in Communication Management (PGDCM)
- Professional Master Degree in Communication Management (MCM)
Department of Sociology
- Master in Crime Control (MCC)
General Requirements for the Delsu Postgraduate Programmes Admission 2019/2020
- Postgraduate studies aspirants must possess a degree or its equivalent from the Delsu Senate recognized institution.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level), or NABTEB of which English Language and Mathematics are compulsory and must have been obtained in at not more than two sittings.
- Pass in English or Mathematics will not be accepted.
- Also, ACE and TC II are not welcomed. (No equivalent to WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB).
- Please note that there will be no waiver for any aspirant of any programmes.
- Ph.D. aspirants in any programme must possess at least a weighted average score of 60% overall.
- Academic Master Degree (M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A. and LL.M.) aspirants must possess bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other recognized university with a minimum of Second Class Honors’ (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate.
- Professional Master Degree applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from Delta State University or other recognized university with a degree of at least Second Class Honors’ (Lower Division) recognized by Senate or an HND with Upper Credit from any polytechnic recognized by the Senate.
- Postgraduate Diploma candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delsu or any other accredited university with a minimum of Third Class Honors’ degree or a Higher National Diploma with Lower Credit recognized by Senate.
- Masters and Ph.D. programmes applicants would undergo a qualifying examination on Saturday, 7th September 2019.
Application Procedures for the Delsu Postgraduate Programmes Admission 2019/2020
– Visit www.delsuonline.com
– Click on ‘Apply For Admission’
– Click on ‘Start’.
– Choose programme type.
– Click on ‘Apply’.
– Make a payment of N31,000.00 (thirty-one thousand Naira) only.
– Complete your application online following the on-site guides.
– Forms sale start on 2nd April 2019.
– Payment should be made at any of the following designated banks:
- Zenith Bank
- Unity Bank
- Fidelity Bank
– Sale of forms closing date will be on 31st July 2019.
– All applicants must submit photocopies of below-listed documents:
- 2 Hard copies of downloaded Application Form
- Transcript of all previous qualifications obtained
- WASC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB Certificate (not TC II)
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption or Exclusion Certificate obtained from NYSC Office only
- A 3 to 5 pages research proposal specifying the area of research interest (for Ph.D. candidates)
- Candidates should visit the home page of the Website www.delsuonline.com and read the instructions thoroughly before completing the Application Form.
– Candidates should personally or through courier; submit the hard copies of their applications along with other relevant documents on or before 23rd August 2019 to:
Delta State University,
– List of successful candidates admitted into any of the postgraduate programme will be published in the Postgraduate School at Abraka Campus.
– Screening of provisionally admitted candidates and payment of fees will start immediately thereafter and stop on Monday 30th September 2019.