Driver Job At Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
Driver Job Vacancy At Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is inviting applications from the suitably qualified Nigerians for the vacancy of Driver job in the commission’s office in Abuja.
ECOWAS Driver Job Description
|ANNUAL SALARY||UA9,535.80 USD15,045.59|
|UA11, 083.65 USD17, 487.78|
|UA17, 067.59 USD26, 929.25|
|DUTY STATION||Abuja, Nigeria|
|DEPARTEMENT||General Administration and Conference|
|DIRECTORATE||Administration and General Services|
|DIVISION||Administration, Logistics & Maintenance|
|LINE SUPERVISOR||PO Logistics & Maintenance|
The role holder is responsible for the daily transport and fleet management to ensure that the commission’s fleet of vehicles is running smoothly while working under the supervision of PO Logistics & Maintenance.
- Carries out preventive maintenance checks on a daily basis before a specific vehicle is driven for the first time in the day.
- Observe vehicle fuel and lubricant consumption to ensure they are used efficiently.
- Requests for fuel refill on time.
- The position holder will ensure that fuel and lubricant usage is accurately recorded for planning and audit purposes.
- Make sure that drivers’ vehicle log books are completed accurately.
- Conveying of officials/guests to and from the airport and other locations as may be authorized.
- The driver will ensure that persons and goods assigned are securely conveyed.
- Promptly notify emergency response providers in case of accident emergencies.
- Ensure the vehicle is clean.
- The role player will carry out other duties as may assign.
- Applicant must possess SSCE WAEC/NECO/GCE or the equivalent with a formal driver training certificate as well as a valid driver’s license or certification to drive the given vehicle.
- The applicant age limit for this job is 50 years.
- Applicant should have at least 2 years of experience as a driver, if possible for an international organization involving different vehicles’ models and makes.
- Must know how to maintain a logbook.
- Applicants must be knowledgeable of traffic rules and regulations, as well as be able to read and decode traffic signs and documents including maintenance instructions, safety rules, and operating.
- Must know basic vehicle maintenance such as circle check and should be able to carry out vehicles assessment for mechanical fitness and minor vehicle repairs.
- Applicant should be knowledgeable in defensive driving practices, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads and conditions, and protocols of relevance to safety and security of passengers during inclement weather, motor accidents, criminal and violent incidents, and terrorism events.
How To Apply For The Driver Job
- Get the job application form here
- Fill the form accurately using MS word.
- Submit the well-filled Form, your CV and Motivation Letter to B7driverabuja@ecowas.int
The application submission deadline is the 4th of May 2020.
Internal candidates are not eligible.