Principal Programme Officer (PPO) Education and Training Job At Ecowas
Principal Programme Officer (PPO) Education and Training Job At ECOWAS
The position of Principal Programme Officer (PPO) Education and Training is currently open at ECOWAS office Abuja for the interested Nigerians who meet the requirements.
Principal Programme Officer (PPO) Job Description
|JOB TITLE||Principal Programme Officer (PPO) Education And Training|
|ANNUAL SALARY||UA66, 123.98 USD104, 330.42|
|DUTY STATION||Abuja, Nigeria|
|DEPARTEMENT||Education, Science, and Culture|
|DIRECTORATE||Education, Science, and Culture|
|DIVISION||Education and Training|
|LINE SUPERVISOR||Director, Education, Science and Culture|
|SUPERVISING||PO, Basic Education, and Literacy|
|PO, Technical & Professional Education and Entrepreneurship|
|PO, Higher Education & Development of Teachers|
The PPO while been supervised by the Director, Education, Science, and Culture, will be charged for Programmes, Projects, and activities development associated with Education and Training in the Commission Region base on regional, continental and global priorities and ensures that the agreed thematic is applied by capacity building, consultation, documentation, interaction, and general coordination hence, the role holder must possess cognitive, psycho-motor as well as affective skills.
This role holder will Control, Arrange, Facilitate, and Promote ECOWAS Education priority projects implementation associated with the following:
- Basic Education.
- Early Childhood Development.
- Education and Training of Girls, women, and other vulnerable groups.
- Education for the Culture of peace
- Equivalence of certificates and harmonization of Education Systems.
- Education Management Information Systems (EMIS).
- Higher Education including Academic mobility.
- Popularization of the teaching of Science, Technology, Engineering (STEM), and other fields of strategic importance to the ECOWAS region.
- Quality of Education at levels and in all ramifications.
- School Health and Nutrition.
- Teacher Training and Development.
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and Entrepreneurship.
- Applicant must be a Master’s degree holder or its equivalent in education; Primary education, Social Sciences, or international development assistance relevant course from a recognized university.
- Must be below 50 years.
- Should be knowledgeable in theories, technical, principles as well as methods in education areas, primary education, scientific innovation, and/ social sciences.
- Applicant must have at least 10 years of professional experience together with 2 years of relevant international work as well as 2 years at a supervisory level.
- Should have practices and theories understanding of curriculum development and science promotion, education programme and project management, alternative basic education, monitoring and evaluation, education training, and capacity development.
- The applicant should clearly understand ECOWAS policy on cultural affairs and associated areas, as well as a great appreciation of the role of culture in empowering and enabling other actors.
How To Apply
Download an application form here
Open the application form in MS word.
Fill accurately and submit along with your CV and Motivation Letter to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
24th May 2020 is the application deadline
Internal candidates are advised not to apply.