Upperlink Nigeria Limited is a software development company which offers a wide array of software services such as Hosting & Domain, Payment & Collection, Software Development, and Digital Services.
The Upperlink Nigeria Limited is inviting applications from qualified and interested applicants to fill the positions of Java Application Developer, and Network Security & Server Administrator in the company.
Java Application Developer
- The position holder will be responsible for creating written reports, detailing assessment findings and recommendations.
- Ensuring network uptime.
- Will be conducting vulnerability assessments on a wide variety of technologies and implementations utilizing both automated tools and manual techniques.
- Design and develop features and modules for mission-critical applications.
- Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensuring that designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Applicant should be experienced in structured software development techniques such as requirements analysis, functional decomposition, modeling, prototyping, functional design, estimating and testing.
- Should have the ability to review Functional specifications and interpret into Technical specifications.
- Must be experienced in working on at least one large to medium-scale projects with the stated technologies.
- An applicant with financial services development experience has an added advantage.
- Applicant must have JAVA, J2EE, Spring framework, JSP, XSL, XML, and WebLogic skills.
Network Security & Server Administrator
- Firewall setup and configuration.
- Researching and analyzing hackers methodology, system exploits, and vulnerabilities to support methodology development and execution.
- Application penetration tests (web and thick client).
- VPN setup and configuration.
- Effectively communicate successes and failures with fellow team members and team lead(s).
- Developing subject matter expertise in topics such as network, wireless and application security assessments, database, and adversarial network operations.
- Utilizing common vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tools.
- Ensuring the availability and performance compliance with SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and OLAs (Operational Level Agreements).
- Install Server-based applications.
- Virtualize and Consolidate Standalone Servers.
- Developing server build images and processes such as automatic deployment technologies.
- Install and configure new hardware and software.
- Monitor server logs and health alarms.
- Performing maintenance operations such as firmware upgrades, patch levels, and backups.
- Monitoring, investigating and reporting breaches in performance.
- Oversee physical security, console access and out of band management access.
- Monitor capacity – disk, RAM, and processor.
- Work cooperatively with applications teams to install applications or upgrade existing applications.
- Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software issues.
- Applicant must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in the IT industry, of which system administration or software development is preferred.
- Should have a demonstrable technical experience with Web Application Penetration Testing.
- Applicant should have a demonstrable technical experience with assessment and exploitation tools, such as Metasploit Pro and Burp Suite Pro.
- Must be experienced in networking and also has a good understanding of networking – port numbers, services, protocols, TCP – IP stack, OSI – Model.
- Experience/understanding of OWASP.
- Working knowledge of Web Services.
- An applicant with CompTIA N+ or CCNA Certification has an added advantage.
- Qualified applicants should send their CV to email@example.com
- The subject of the email should be the applicant’s interested position title.
- The body of the email should be the cover letter of your application.
Application end on August 31, 2018.