9mobile Job Vacancy, Position: Senior Engineer, VAS Planning
9mobile job vacancy for Senior Engineer, VAS Planning has been announced for interested and qualified applicants.
Job Title: Senior Engineer – VAS Planning
Location: Lagos Nigeria
Functions Of The Senior Engineer, VAS Planning
- Makes sure that all VAS platforms have adequate capacity to support deployed services and implement commercial requirements based on business needs.
- Assist in the planning and optimization of EMTS value-added services (VAS) platforms and ensure compatibility and integration with EMTS existing infrastructure.
- Helps in organization strategy on network virtualization ranging from legacy architecture to infrastructure sharing architecture.
- The position holder will aid in the design of a robust solution towards the deployment of IoT services.
- The Senior Engineer is responsible for the development of business cases for fresh deployment/upgrade/expansion of solutions that are inputs to new and existing solutions to improve capacity availability.
- The Senior Engineer networks and builds strong relationships with internal units and relevant third parties and also develops a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Aids in the design, implementation, and evolution of VAS Messaging, Mobile data, WAP, GPRS, Multi-media products and others.
- The Engineer will be responsible for monitoring the license utilization on all VAS platforms and ensure needed actions are carried out before the license reaches the threshold.
- Organize inter-functional relations to establish synergy across the various departmental functions.
- The has the responsibility of preparing RFP document for all new VAS platform planned to be deployed based on commercial requirements.
- Work together with the vendor/end users during the implementation project and facilitate a proper handover of the deployed solution to the operations team.
- The Senior Engineer works towards the enhancement of the forecast mechanism for proper capacity planning of all the VAS nodes.
- Carry out other functions or responsibilities assigned by Manager, VAS Planning.
- He/ She takes part in the vendor selection process to ensure technical input is significantly covered.
- Organize the integration of new products as it affects SMSC MMS, USSD, IPCC and other network elements.
Educational Requirements For The 9mobile Job Vacancy
- Applicant must possess a degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Electronic/Telecommunication, Computer Science or any other related science discipline.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Work experience of three (3) to Five (5) years
- High Proficiency in Network Capacity Management
- Demonstrate experience in Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards
- Proven experience in workings of SMSC, USSDC and GPRS Specifications.
- Knowledgeable on Network Virtualization design and Software Defined Network architecture
- Big Data experience
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
How To Apply For The 9mobile Job Vacancy
– Visit 9mobile application website for https://careers.9mobile.com.ng/ and select Senior Engineer, VAS Planning.
– Click the ‘Apply Now’ button, follow the on-site guide and complete your application