Airtel DND (Do Not Disturb) Service Deactivates All Promotional Messages
Tired of unsolicited third-party promotional messages on your Airtel line? Don’t worry! Airtel DND (Do Not Disturb) service is the solution to this annoying thing.
In this post, I am going to teach you how to simply stop all those annoying promotional messages from third-parties using Airtel Do Not Disturb service.
What is the Airtel DND (Do not Disturb) Service all about?
DND (Do-Not-Disturb) is a free service which allows Airtel users to opt-out of receiving third-parties promotional messages such as Bulk SMS, VAS promos, etc.
The opting out can be either Partial Block Mode which allows a customer to specify the particular promotional message(s) he/she still wants to be receiving while others are blocked, Or Full Block Mode which gives Airtel Network users the privilege to opt-out of every third-party promotional message entirely.
How to Use Airtel DND (Do Not Disturb) Service
Activating the DND service is quite simple, all you have to do is to type below codes accordingly in your SMS box and send freely to the given numbers.
Full DND Service
- Text STOP to 2442.
- Text ALLOW to 2442 (this activates third-party promotional message reception).
Partial DND Service
- Text any of the below options to 2442:
- Text 1: To receive Banking /Financial Products Insurance/.
- Text 2: Real Estate.
- Text 3: Education.
- Text 4: Health.
- Text 5: To receive Consumer goods & Automobiles.
- Text 6: Communications/Broadcasting/Entertainment/IT.
- Text 7: Tourism & Leisure.
- Text 8: Sport.
- Text 9: Religion.
- Text 9a: Christianity.
- Text 9b: Islam.
- Text 9c: Others.
- Text 10: Information on New products/Services.
- Text 11: News Alerts.
- To deactivate the Partial DND Service, just text the word “ALLOW” to 2442 and you will start receiving all promotional messages from third-parties.
– To see DND status on your Airtel line just text STATUS to 2442.
– For more information SMS “HELP” to the shortcode 2442.
Note: Customers on Full DND will still service messages from Airtel.