How To Apply For International (Enhanced E-Passport) Features & Prices
This page contains the steps to follow to successfully apply for an International Passport and we are going to focus on the newly introduced Enhanced E-Passport as well as the approved prices.
This information is vital to those aspiring to embark on an international journey for the first time as passport enrollment is the first process to follow/ starting point before others.
The Enhanced E-Passport is an intensive review of the old e-passport booklet of which validity is just 5 years. Enhanced E-Passport can last up to 10-year (depends on the category) and the application process is done online to curb the inconveniences of moving from one canter to another as well as extra charges and all that.
Below are the features/benefit of Enhanced E-Passport has over the previously circulated international passport.
- All Nigeria Banks Mobile Transfer Codes Without Internet
- How To Track MoneyGram Transfer Or Payment To Know The Status
- All Nigerian Banks SWIFT Codes/ Bank Identifier Codes (BIC)
International Passport (Enhanced E-Passport) Features
- Introduction of new security-enhanced passport;
- Polycarbonate technology for quality enhancement;
- Ten-year validity booklet to curb frequent visits to passport offices;
- Automated process of issuance to curb touting/middlemen and bring about transparency;
- Strictly online payment based;
- Electronic Document Management System introduction to ensure:
- Tracking of application,
- Application and collection status notification,
- Eliminate human interference,
- Enhances document storage system,
- Enhances prompt decision making,
- Ease process flow,
- Provision of conducive processing environment for applicants;
- Provision of effective and compliant address mechanism.
Enhanced E-Passport Categories
The new Passport is available in the following categories:
- 32 page 5-year validity (Adults and Minors)
- 64 page 5-year validity (Adults and Minors)
- 64 page 10-year validity (Adults (18+) only)
Adults have options to choose from any of the three categories listed above. However, young children below the age of 18 years can only choose either category 1 or 2 only as a 10-year validity passport is not suitable for persons below the age of 18 years following the ICAO specifications and due to expected changes in their physical appearance.
Enhanced E-Passport Official Price
|32 Page 5-year Official Passport||15,000||N/A|
|32 Page 5-year Standard Passport||25,000||130|
|64 Page 5-year Standard Passport||35,000||150|
|64 Page 10-year Standard Passport for adults only (18 years and above)||70,000||230|
Requirements For International Passport (Enhanced E-Passport)
This is the same with old passports with regards to application types, in addition, National Identification Number (NIN) is required and mandatory for issuance of the New Passport.
Note: Data on the old passport is the same on the new E-Passport.
How To Apply For Enhanced E-Passport
Ensure the requirements are ready.
- Proceed to the Immigration passport application portal.
- Select the type of passport application you want such as Fresh, Renewal, Lost, Damaged, or Correction of data.
- Complete the online application form accurately.
- Select passport office in the desired state where you want to obtain the passport.
- Make an online payment of the stated amount and obtain reference and application ID numbers.
- Go to the chosen Passport Office during the online application with the required documents such as the evidence of payment made.
- Those in the Diaspora should submit applications at the nearest Nigeria Embassy/High Commission or Consulate as chosen during the online application.
If a current passport is more than six months old the applicant must proceed to the selected passport office during online application in person for a photograph and Biometric data capturing.