Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 HSE Manager Mines Job
Dangote recruitment 2020 is currently ongoing for the position of HSE Manager Mines who will
aid the mine management team to prevent and/or control HSE impacts and risks related to mine operations.
- HSE Officer Job Vacancy At Dangote Refinery Recruitment Portal
- Achyutam Multiple Job Vacancies 2020 Application Portal For Africans
- ExxonMobil Engineering Internship For Graduate & Undergraduate
- The HSE Manager will routinely check for changes in HSE legislation and report these changes to Mines management.
- Leads and technically supports the HSE Department.
- This role holder set up HSE targets and relevant leading and lagging HSE KPIs and study changes in achieving targets.
- He/she will manage the HSE Department to ensure proper business plan development, implementation, measurement, reviews, and reports.
- The position holder ensures good relationships with key stakeholders including the Management team, direct reports, community leaders, environmental department, government officials and DIL’s HSSE department.
- Directs and ensures compliance of DIL’s HSE Policies and Standards by employees and contractors adhere.
- The HSE Manager will ensure that training and coaching are being rendered to all HSE department employees.
- Aid to detect training requirements and provide relevant training interventions.
- He/she reviews capital or budgetary requirements for HSE interventions, to reach long term objectives of the Dangote Company.
- The manager gives support and advisory to Mines Management on HSE-related issues.
- Regularly contribute to HSE policy and new initiatives and change implementation as directed by Mines Director.
- Analyze accident or incident statistics, identifying trends as well as suggesting improvement plans.
- He/she will mentor line management to authorize them to take accountability for HSE issues in their various area of responsibility.
- Carrying out researches and share relevant information on global best practices with stakeholders.
- Gives support in the embedding of a culture of adherence and ethical behavior in Mines/Quarry operations.
- Development and implementation of HSE audit programs.
- Observes compliance reviews, general risk assessments as well as any other safety assessments
- The HSE Manager observes the effective implementation of proper HSE management system procedures and updates them according to changes in regulations and business objectives.
- Candidate must be Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s Degree holder in Sciences, Engineering or Environmental related field.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- 12 years of relevant HSE experience is required.
- The applicant must have a NEBOSH certification or equivalent.
- HSE experience in Mining or Construction industries is preferable.
- The applicant must have proven experience in the application of HSE management systems.
- Auditor Certified for ISO 45001 or ISO 14001 Standards is a must.
- The applicant must possess demonstrable experience in the supervision/management of professional and administrative staff.
- Being a member of an internationally known HSE Professional body is preferable.
- Applicant must possess an excellent working knowledge of applicable HSE legislation, occupational health & safety, and environmental hazard identification and risk assessment, occupational health and safety, and environmental accident and illness prevention and protection techniques and international standards.
- Ready to travel regularly.
- Excellent project management, negotiation or dispute mitigation and presentation skill is a must.
- Candidate must possess a known record in influencing positive organizational change inside an organization.
- Excellent communication, leadership and mentoring skills are a must
- Must know how to use Microsoft office tools such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must be eager to work in remote terrain.
How To Apply For The HSE Manager Mines Position
– Go to Dangote portal
– Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
– Click on the ‘New Register’ and signup.
– Check your registered email for a confirmation link.
– Log in after email confirmation and follow the onsite guide.
Application ends on 14th March 2020
Job Location: Lagos
Successful selected candidates are expected to work beyond normal hours in a case of immediate responses to site HSE issues and emergency responses.