Delta State ICT for Self-Employment Training By Delta State Innovation Hub
Delta State ICT for self-employment training is organized under the Delta State Innovation Hub (DSIHub) by the Delta State Government in conjunction with Zenith Bank, Ministry of Science and Technology, as well as other reputable organizations.
This program was designed with the aim to aid in the development of individuals who is passionate about acquiring necessary ICT skills and set up technology-based businesses.
The beneficiaries shall be trained in the areas of:
- Network devices and topology
- Infrastructure design and installation
- Router and switch configurations using GUI/CLI
- Pabx and IPBX installation
- Solar and inverter installation and repairs
- Network design and planning
- Business skills and project management
- Entrepreneurship and digital marketing skills and much more.
All these areas of training are grouped into three courses which are listed below.
Delta State ICT for Self-Employment Training Courses
- Home Security Design and Installation program with CCTV, Access Control and Alarm Solutions.
- Home and Small Office Networking.
- Advanced Solar and Inverter Installation and Repairs.
Who Is Eligible?
- Holders of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Should be between 18 and 40 years old.
- Must possess a government-issued identification which includes a National I.D card, Int’l passport, driver’s license, voter’s card.
- The applicant must be originated from Delta State and must present his/her Certificate of Local Government Area of Origin.
- Applicants must be a residence or ready to relocate to Delta State for the duration of the training that will be held in Asaba, the state Capital.
Applicants must undergo a computer-based test which is the preliminary assessment for all interested individuals.
- The applicant must have graduated from a tertiary institution and looking to start a business.
- Must submit a completed Guarantor’s Form which can be downloaded here.
- An applicant that completed and submitted his/ her application form within stipulated timelines.
- The applicant must be ready to commit to full attendance on the training schedule
- An unemployed applicant or able to leave a place of employment for the entire training period as distraction or withdrawal once enrolled shall not be condoned.
How To Apply
- Visit DSIHub application portal.
- Follow the ‘Apply for ICT for Self Employment’ link.
- Create and verify an application account.
- Log into your dashboard.
- Complete your application using the requested information.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Submit your application and wait to be shortlisted
Note: Multiple application leads to automatic disqualification from the programme.