Director-General-Nigerian Institute of International Affairs Job At Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The position of Director-General-Nigerian Institute of International Affairs is currently available in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Suitably qualified individuals are hereby invited to apply.
Nigerian Institute of International Affairs is Nigeria’s foremost think-tank which was established to provide potential ideas on Nigeria’s action towards international affairs such as international economic relations, international politics, African politics and integration, security and strategic studies, as well as international law and organizations.
The institute is under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs which is charged with statutory responsibility for overseeing the totality of the bilateral plus multilateral relationships between Nigeria and other countries as well as international organizations.
We are currently looking for a Director-General-Nigerian Institute of International Affairs with the following qualifications and functions:
- The candidate must be a Professor of high repute in international relations or another related area in Humanities and Law/ Social Sciences.
- At least 15 years of post-professorial qualification and experience is required from the Professor.
- Must be a registered member of any relevant professional body.
- Well published nationally and internationally.
- The individual must be a competent administrator with traceable administrative experience.
- Mature, disposition and exposure, and always available to positively contribute to charting the country’s international relations direction in the emerging world order
- Enthusiastic with the ability to revive the training programmes of the Institute.
- Must be able to direct a high-profile team of world-class academics in international studies as well as related areas.
- A demonstrable track record of similar position(s) locally or internationally as well as the capacity to write research proposals with proof of previous grant won within or outside Nigeria.
- Must possess good leadership skills as well as a positive temperament.
- The candidate must be committed to the general ideals of the Public Service of the Federal Republic of Nigeria with respect for the Rule of Law as well as Human Rights.
- Computer literacy is a must.
How To Apply For Director-General-Nigerian Institute of International Affairs
Suitably qualified individuals should send hard copies of Applications alongside with CV/ Resumes as well as photocopies of relevant credentials to be addressed to:
The Office of the Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
Tafawa Balewa House,
Central Business District, Abuja.
The application deadline is July 3rd, 2020.
The application is completely free of charge.