FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization which is dedicated to improving lives in an extended way by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
FHI 360 invites applications from the suitable interested individuals for Driver position in the organization at Dikwa, Borno, Nigeria.
|Position Title: Driver
Area: Field Office
Supervisor: Field Coordinator
FHI 360 Driver Duties and Responsibilities
- The driver will be responsible for conveying FHI 360 Nigeria Staff and Consultants to approved designated locations.
- Ensures that the assigned vehicle is safe, clean, secured and maintained.
- He ensures that the assigned vehicle is maintained on a day-to-day basis by carrying out timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, brakes, car washing, check of tires, etc.
- Makes sure that all the required documents/supplies such as vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts are available.
- The driver Plans route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office.
- Ensures that all passengers stick to all road safety regulations.
- The position holder will be responsible for fulfilling special request such as picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands.
- Will be eager to perform any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and Abilities
- Applicant must be matured and eager to work at odd hours.
- Should possess good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Must be able and ready to cooperate with others as well as develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Applicant must have Secondary school leaving certificates/apprentice certificate or its equivalents.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year experience.
- He must have a trade test certificate.
- A valid driving license is a must.
- Expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations is highly required.
- An applicant with experience as a driver-mechanic has an added advantage.
- Experience with large complex organizations preferred.
Click here to apply