How To Migrate to Canada Without IELTS for International Students 2023: Each year, more than thousands of people move from their home country in search of a better life. Ranging from better job opportunities, a conducive environment to raise a family, to looking for reputable study destinations.
For international students hoping to migrate to Canada in pursuit of academic achievements, this article will be helpful to you. So, take a glass of water to relax while you read through. The good news is that you need not worry about writing the IELTS exam before migrating to Canada.
Canada is one of the most sought after study destinations for international students. Canada is the world’s second largest country by total area. The country is famous for its affordabilty and access to education and health services. Below are the reasons to study in Canada:
Why You Should Study in Canada
- In Canada, you will find same rights that protect all Canadians. This include equality and diversity, a stable and peaceful life and also human rights.
- You will enjoy high quality education and research opportunities.
- Canada is a very safe place. You will meet people from other ethnicity and also people from your home country. There are more than 50 indigenous languages spoken in Canada.
- There are lots of scholarship opportunities for grabs in Canada. It might interest you to know that international students are eligible to work during their studies and can also get a Graduation work permit after they are done with their studies.
- Canada has a very rich culture. If you are a lover of adventure and social life, then Canada is the right place for you.
How To Migrate to Canada Without IELTS for International Students 2023
1. Family Sponsorship
Canada is a country that loves reuniting families and keeping them together. This is why they have immigration schemes that allow Canadians to sponsor their family members to come to Canada. If your family member in Canada has a permanent residence visa, then he or she can sponsor you to come over.
Without being a permanent resident of Canada, you cannot sponsor someone to come over to Canada. It is very easy when it involves sponsoring one’s spouse or children who are under the age of 22. You can bring any family member that meets the requirements of a Super Visa.
2. Canadian Scholarship Visa
As an international students, you do not need to bother about writing IELTS exams to study in Canada.There are a lot of schools in Canada that grant admission to students even without asking for IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
The educational institutions in Canada use other various testing procedures to assess your English language proficiency. These other tests are: TOEFL, AEPUCE, CanTest, PTE, CAEL, DET, CELPIP etc. Some universities in Canada are willing to financially assist international students without minding their IELTS score.
3. Apply for Canadian Provincial Nominee Program
Applying for Canadian Provincial Nominee Program is one of the ways on how to migrate to Canada without IELTS for international students 2023. The PNP is one of the most sought after ways to migrate to Canada. Many provinces that are covered by the Canada’s Provincial Nominee Programs do not request for language proficiency.
So far as you have a good job experience, you are eligible to be chosen to work in top positions for the provinces. Once the province nominates you, you will be giving permanent resident visa. Canadian provinces include Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Make sure you are ready to move to any province in Canada once you are nominated. Also, you will need a work offer from a Canadian based employer.
4. Work Visa
Applying for a work visa is one of the surest ways to migrate to Canada. The following are what you need to do to get a Canadian work visa:
- You need an employment letter from a Canadian company/employer.
- You will make a request for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) by the employer.
- When the LMIA is approved, you will file for a work permit. You don’t need to take an English language proficiency test to get this.
Though, some companies might demand proficiency tests but in recent times most companies don’t.
5. Canada Tourist/Visit Visa
A Canadian visit visa is usually issued by the Canadian government to foreign citizens. This visa allows you to travel and tour around Canada. Though, this temporary visa allows you to enter Canada only once. You can process the visa online.
With the visit visa, you can temporarily and legally live in Canada for up to 6 months. Once it expires, you are to immediately leave and go back to your home country. Now, the good news is that you can find a job within the 6 months.
From there, you can work on how to permanently reside in Canada. Even if your 6 months expire, you can ask for a 30 day extension. This will give you more time to do whatever you can to get a permanent stay. You can check out how to get a TRV here.