IT Assistant – Systems Sourcing & Implementation Job At ECOWAS
Applications are invited from the eligible and interested Nigerians for the IT Assistant – Systems Sourcing & Implementation Job Opening at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Abuja, Nigeria office.
Driver Job At Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
Photographer and Cameraman Job Vacancy At ECOWAS
Principal Programme Officer (PPO) Education and Training Job At
ECOWAS IT Assistant Job Description
|JOB TITLE||IT Assistant – Systems Sourcing & Implementation|
|ANNUAL SALARY||UA 20,166.30 USD 31,818.39|
|UA 25,527.53 USD 40,277.34|
|UA 30,178.98 USD 47,616.39|
|DUTY STATION||Abuja, Nigeria|
|DEPARTEMENT||Telecommunications & Information Technology|
|DIRECTORATE||Information Technology Services|
|DIVISION||Systems Acquisition & Implementation|
|LINE SUPERVISOR||PO Systems, Sourcing & Implementation|
This role holder while being supervised by the PO Systems, Sourcing & Implementation, will help in information systems technology procurement such as hardware and software in accordance with Commission requirements and approved standards.
- The IT Assistant will assist in setting up user requirements, systems design, and implementation.
- He/she will give information required for the comprehensive project plans development in line to the international standards; indicating tasks, resources, dependencies, and status in every stage of the project, properly reviewing to reach changing needs and requirements.
- Timely inform the line supervisor about any detected changes in technology.
- The position holder will work in conjunction with users and service providers to meet the specified requirements.
- This role player will create and maintain comprehensive project plans in line with the international standards; indicating tasks, resources, dependencies, and status in all phases of the project life cycle, properly reviewing to ensure that changing needs and requirements are met.
- Timely inform the key stakeholders including executive staff on any changes in technology and provide guidelines for adoption.
- Observe changing technology issues and risks and address them by building a risk mitigation plan.
- The IT Assistant – Systems Sourcing & Implementation will ensure adherence to established service-wide PMO processes, which includes governance processes.
- Carry out any other task as may be required.
- Applicant must have an Ordinary National Diploma (OND)/Brevet deTechnicien Superior (BTS) certification or the equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related course from a recognized University.
- Must be under the age of 50 years.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ progressive experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related course in a similar organization is a must for this position.
- The applicant must have a cognitive experience of interactive systems as well as practical knowledge of the organization’s information infrastructure and IT strategy as related to user area(s).
- Practical knowledge of general office automation software and local area networks is a must.
- The applicant should have great facilitation, consultation, and convening skills/experience as training experience is an advantage.
- Analytical skills are required for complex problems solving using technology, management, governance, and leadership methods to ensure those customer objectives and expectations are attained
- Applicant should be knowledgeable in assigned systems maintenance as well as innovative approaches development for a wide range of issues/problem fixing.
- It is desired an applicant possess a Microsoft Certified System Engineer certification (MCSE) and Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
- Applicant must possess a proven and documented IT knowledge such as knowledge of the latest IT techniques, best practices, and solutions including applications, trends, analytics, advancements, governance, systems, and business process integration.
- Applicant should possess practical experience in IT projects delivering or development of IT solutions.
How To Apply
Visit here and download an ECOWAS application form.
Open and fill the form using Microsoft Word.
Submit your filled form with CV, and Motivation Letter to this email: B7itassistsystem@ecowas.int
Application ends on 04/05/2020
ECOWAS internal candidates are not eligible.