Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Teacher Training Students 2021
Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship application is currently open for Teacher Training Students, The Japanese embassy hereby invites qualified and interested Nigerians to apply.
The MEXT Scholarship is for primary and secondary school teachers in Nigeria who wish to have teachers’ course and also learn the Japanese language in Japan.
The objective of this scholarship is to train beneficiaries on the Japanese education system as well as the Japanese language after which they return home to promote Japanese Language and education in Nigeria as the Japanese Government seeks Nigerian Schools willing to start Japanese Language classes or courses.
Interested candidates must possess the following criteria before proceeding to the application process as the scholarship is solely by qualification and merit.
Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Requirements
- Applicant must have graduated from a recognized Nigerian University or must have undergone a teachers’ training in college.
- 34 years is the maximum age required, no applicant must have been born before April 2nd, 1986.
- The applicant must have worked as a primary/ secondary school teacher or teacher training college for at least 5 years in Nigeria.
How To Apply
- Eligible candidates should visit the Japanese MEXT application portal www.studyinjapan.go.jp and obtain the MEXT application form and guidelines. OR
- Visit the Japanese embassy at No. 9 Bobo Street (off Gana Street), Maitama, Abuja and obtain the MEXT application form.
- Fill the application form correctly as directed in the guidelines.
- Submit your completed application form alongside your alma mater or court notarized/ authenticated/ Verified copies of your documents in person or through courier service to the Embassy of Japanese at the aforementioned address.
- The submission deadline is 12th February 2021.
- Preliminary screening results will be released on 1st March 2021 and only the successful candidates will be contacted.
- Do not submit original documents.
- Japanese Embassy working hour is 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, Mondays to Thursdays.