Account Payable Officer Job Vacancy At Jumia
An Account Payable Officer job vacancy is currently available at Jumia. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option for extra convenience.
Shopping online in Nigeria is easy and convenient for us. The Jumia mall provides you with a wide range of products you can trust. Discover JIM’s Big Thing for that special person in your life. You can also shop online for Valentine gifts and have them delivered directly to your loved one.
- Treasury Officer Job Vacancy At Jumia
- Tax Account Manager Job Vacancy At Jumia
- Field Sales Manager Job Vacancy By iRecruiters Africa
As AP officer, you will be responsible for timely processing of vendors payments, booking of expenses and reconciliation of vendor balances. Overall, your responsibilities will include verification of vendor claims before payments are made and proper accounting of goods and services on time.
Account Payable Officer Responsibilities
- Check accuracy of invoices
- Input and code invoices to cost centre
- Process invoices
- Match Invoices with Purchase Order (if applicable)
- Send invoices to Manager for payment approval
- Schedule payment runs based on standard company payment terms
- Verify and process employee expense claims and manage the
approval and payment process.
- Update and maintain vendor database on time.
- Perform reconciliations including supplier statement reconciliations, accrual accounts reconciliation and more.
- Support the month-end process by providing supporting documentation for month-end journals report on Aged Payables plus other ad hoc reporting where
- Identify improvements to the accounts payable process.
- BSc in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience (ICAN membership added advantage)
- Good communication skills and reporting skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting and accounts payable
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge, including experience with
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage financial records
- Accurate data entry skills
- Ability to build good relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability work as part of a broader team
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages
How To Apply For Account Payable Officer Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Jumia recruitment portal.
- Hit the ‘Apply for this job’ button and fill the online application form accurately.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
To apply for this job please visit africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net.