International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Accounts Assistant Job Vacancy At the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA
An Accounts Assistant job vacancy is currently available at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries.
- Assist the Activity Accounting Officer to manage the Activity’s accounting system and reporting process, ensuring completeness of ledgers and all supporting
- documentation and compliance with IITA and Donors’ finance and procurement regulations.
- Prepare payment schedules for payments from the Activity’s Imprest account as well as payments from the HQ Finance Directorate.
- Ensure Expenses are authorized and processed by agreed procedures for both IITA and donors.
- Prepare petty cash payments, journals and vouchers and ensure these are posted into the general and other account ledgers.
- Process advances and claims for payment and maintain cash advances register for follow-up on the reimbursement of advances, accounting for Activity payables and
- Maintaining accounting records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, well archived and safeguarded.
- Prepare invoices and chargeback statements for services provided to individuals or other
- institutions and partners.
- Prepare a statement of expenditure (SOE) as required by the donor for justification of advances, direct payments, and replenishment of accounts.
- Monitor the processing of program cash/travel advances, expense claims and reimbursement by activity staff.
- Respond to account inquiries and provide prompt feedback to users.
- File and keep activity’s accounting supporting documents and records.
- Track and monitor resource needs and other material needs for carrying out financial tasks.
- Assist in the organization and management of internal and external audits and compliance checks.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
BSc/HND in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field with a minimum of one (1) year’s experience performing a similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent computer skills with a good grasp and knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications. Good knowledge of Oracle
- Applications will be an added advantage.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment.
- Have Proficiency in the English language with excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Be a fast learner and pay attention to details.
- Have personal integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply For Accounts Assistant Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit your application.
- The application deadline is 29th June 2022.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.