Accounts Receivable Officer Job Rcruitment At BIC
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to the vacant position of Accounts Receivable Officer in BIC company at Lagos State.
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability, and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
We are currently looking to higher an individual with the below listed criteria to occupy the aforementioned vacant position.
- Timely receipt of customer payments in Sage as per the remittance advises and in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Weekly reconciliation of customer receipts and ensuring that there no unallocated receipts at the end of the month.
- Monthly circulation of account statement to Finance Manager.
- Ensuring monthly reconciliation of all key customers.
- Generating weekly sales status report and Z reports that reconciles to the monthly sales.
- Ensure that customer credit limit is strictly adhered and in accordance with the company policy.
- Monthly preparation of customers Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) reports.
- Maintain account receivable files customer files and records.
- Ensuring queries on receivables are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that GL fully reconciles with AR sub ledger.
- Assist FM in preparation of weekly and monthly customer aging reports.
- Weekly review of AR aging to ensure compliance.
- Weekly cash forecasting of customer payments.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- ICO’s are completed accurately and timeously i.e. day 3 for AR. Items older than 3 months are resolved.
- Ensures that company internal control policies and procedures are being adhered to, drives process improvements throughout the company, implement Highest Priorities and Key Control changes as required by Internal Audit Report.
- Liaise with external auditors, assist FM in preparation of audit requirements, participate in annual audit stock count.
- Implementation of external audit recommendations.
- Ensure strict adherence to the company credit policy.
- Assist in adhoc project management as and when required by the FM.
Key Performance Indicator
- General ledger integrity – Ensuring GL is in tandem with sub ledger
- Successful implementation and adherence to internal controls and external audit and IT recommendations;
- Timely processing of vendor’s invoice
- Real time posting of customer receipts in Sage
- Effective management of AP and resolution of claims and queries;
- No discrepancies in ICO’s;
- 100% reconciliation for key customers
- Accuracy and completeness of AR cash forecast
Requirements For Accounts Receivable Officer
- Minimum 3 years prior work-related experience within a busy finance department;
- FMCG experience will be added advantage
- Computer Literacy – Experience in Microsoft Suite (MS Word, Excel Advanced a must, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- PLANNING/PRIORITIZING (Practical Management) –The capacity to break down a large task into subtasks or sub-goals, to anticipate obstacles and evaluate alternatives. Includes needs identification (recognizing gaps between the current situation and desired outcome).
- ORGANISING (Practical Management) – The capacity to define tasks needed to accomplish goals and assign and co-ordinate people, tasks and resources to ensure and efficient flow of work.
- INITIATIVE (linked to achievement motivation) – An individual’s readiness to act on opportunities and pursue goals beyond what’s required or expected of them. Sets demanding goals for self and others and is dissatisfied with average performance.
- RULE-ORIENTATION (ACHIEVEMENT THROUGH-CONFORMITY) – The ability to achieve results following rules and procedures.
- EXCELLENCE ORIENTATION (CONCERN FOR HIGH-QUALITY WORK) – Follow-through; the motivation to ensure the highest standards of quality and productivity are consistently maintained (linked also to detail
- RELIABILITY (LINKED TO TIME MANAGEMENT) – The orientation towards being conscientious in sticking to deadlines and completing jobs within fixed schedules or routines.
- ACIEVEMENT THROUGH INDEPENDENCE – The capacity to work independently; linked to the motivation to achieve through one’s own efforts and be able to attribute success clearly to personal causation
How To Apply For Accounts Receivable Officer Job In BIC
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to BIC recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application portal.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.