Carbon Limits Nigeria (CLN)
Application Support Engineer Job Vacancy At Carbon Limits Nigeria (CLN)
An Application Support Engineer job vacancy is currently available at Carbon Limits Nigeria (CLN). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Carbon Limits Nigeria (CLN) is a leading climate-based consulting company, providing solutions on clean energy utilization, international and national climate policy development (Nationally Determined Contribution), climate change mitigation and carbon assessment of projects to both public and private institutions.
Application Support Engineer Responsibilities
- As an application support engineer in the Platform team, you’ll get to work across a wide range of systems and environments to troubleshoot and help provide resolutions to issues faced by customers in our production environments.
- As a team, we’re responsible for designing, building, and operating our physical data centres, all of our networking, the services we consume from AWS, and the software we run on top like Kubernetes, Cassandra, DynamoDB, and Terraform.
- We’re investing a lot of up-front effort in building scalable, secure, and resilient systems, capable of supporting Carbon’s continued growth.
You should apply if:
- The work we’re doing sounds exciting!
- You’re passionate about Financial Services.
- You are familiar with some of our Platform technologies or specialize in just one part.
- You’re keen to learn more about new technologies and the arcane inner workings of the financial industry.
- You want to help build, scale and operate a platform to support a product that you (and everyone you know) use or will use every day.
- You’re comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity.
- You are interested in distributed systems and writing resilient software.
- You’re obsessive about customer experience and providing real-time solutions to production issues
We are looking for candidates who can meet the following criteria – We want to emphasize that we don’t expect you to meet all of the below but would love you to have experience in at least one area:
- Experience in building robust, maintainable, scalable applications
- Able to work comfortably in a team.
- Experience with VMs, containers, and serverless computer platforms. (We use AWS for compute, e.g. EC2, ECS and Lambda)
- Experience with networking, CDNs, HTTP, and TCP/IP basics. (We use Cloudflare, AWS VPCs and many of our services implement JSON and/or GraphQL APIs)
- Experience with operating systems, configuration management, and “Infrastructure as Code”. (We use AMIs, Docker Images, Terraform)
- Experience with monitoring applications (We use Amazon Cloudwatch, Datadog)
- Experience with managing databases, caches, and message queues. (We use Postgres, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, and Kafka)
- Experience as a professional “DevOps”, “SRE” or “SysAdmin” roles
- Ability to work with unfamiliar codebases, including internal, open-source, and 3rd party code we depend on.
- Knowledge of micro-services (or SOA) and/or distributed systems.
- Experience in Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and/or automated testing.
- Understanding of basic financial and accounting concepts.
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a remote working option.
How To Apply
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Carbon Nigeria recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form accurately.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit carbon.bamboohr.com.