Assistant Budget Officer Recruitment At ECOWAS
Applications are invited for the vacant position of Assistant Budget officer at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), interested candidates should proceed to apply but not until they are sure that they meet the following criteria.
Under the supervision of the Budget Officer, the assistant Budget officer shall assist with the preparation of periodic reports on budget transactions such as reports on the status of budgetary accounts at the Parliament.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare commitment orders for the payment of goods and services;
- Prepare commitment orders for the retirement of all advances related to sessions, meetings, and missions;
- Commit all receipts (community levy, refunds, and other receipts) in favor of the institution;
- Reconcile on a weekly basis commitment orders (input data) to budget distribution statements (output data) and master file records to ascertain the accuracy of the processing;
- Prepare or evaluate financial reports such as budget vs. actual expenditure or commitment;
- Interpret and apply budget and finance rules and regulations;
- Receive and evaluate regular financial reports with particular attention to apparent anomalies or unusual trends; bring anomalies to the attention of the Manager and initiate corrections as indicated;
- Prepare routine, recurrent reports to management and draft commentaries;
- Prepare preliminary budget projections;
- Define requirements and user needs for automated systems;
- Assists in the coordination of inputs (e.g., for preparation of budgetary submissions);
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University.
- 2 years of progressive experience in Accounting, Finance, Budget, Business Administration, or related area is required;
- familiarity with administrative and financial policies and procedures with a basic practical understanding of broad theories, concepts, and approaches;
- ability to provide support services in collecting and analyzing data for anomalies, trends, errors, and
Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
answers using various methods and techniques.
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCIES
- Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- Must be able to respect the chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information, and resources;
- Contribute to maintaining the organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
- Must be able to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues, and subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
- Ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
Interpersonal skills with the ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
- Ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards;
- demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness, and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race, and religion;
- ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgment, tact, and diplomacy;
- ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences;
- Must be able to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbiased and transparent manner.
- knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programmes, and policies;
- knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services, and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
- ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends, and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
- ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions, and/or internal committees.
knowledge of member states development trends, indicators, challenges, and opportunities as it relates to project/programme assigned to own position.
- ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance, and performance targets;
- knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
- ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means;
- exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions, and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- identify, organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- ability to organize work set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators, and risks;
- proficiency in information communication technologies (ICT);
- ability to identify, collect and assess indicators to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required.
How To Apply For Assistant Budget Officer In ECOWAS
Send your application firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is 2021-04-13
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com