International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Assistant Finance Controller Job At International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The vacant position of Assistant Finance Controller is currently available at International Rescue Committee (IRC), suitably qualified candidates who possess the criteria stated below should proceed and apply.
The Assistant Finance Controller assists the Deputy Director of Finance by managing the day-to-day operations of the accounting unit. At the discretion of the Country Director, the Assistant Finance Controller will assume some or all of the Controller’s responsibilities when the DDF is absent.
- Assistant Finance Controller Job At International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- E T Consultant (Financial Sector Specialist) Job At World Bank
- Psychosocial Social Support Officer Job Vacancy At International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions of Abuja, Yobe, and the Adamawa States are performed following IRC and country office policy and procedures. The incumbent is also responsible to oversee the month-end closing and treasury management. The AFC represents the DDF in Adamawa & Yobe and sits in all coordination meetings, BVA panel, and works very closely with the DDFM, SPCs, Field Coordinators, and Senior Area Managers. Specific responsibilities within each functional area are as follows:
1) SUN Processing
- Control over and/or entry of changes to the Chart of Accounts, Analysis Codes, and Exchange Rates
- Performing or supervising the posting of entries ensuring proper controls are enforced and appropriate systems in place to maintain all required supporting documentation.
- Production of required monthly and ad hoc reports.
- Developing expertise to control the system, develop new reports, and be able to train staff in the processing of data.
- Ensuring budgets are loaded on a timely basis.
- Ensuring a backup and retention procedure is in place and followed for all SUN master files.
2) Donor Reports
- Preparation of draft donor reports for review by the Deputy Director of Finance
- Analysis of actual to budget results to identify problems in accounting or compliance
- Identification of procedural or training issues to be addressed to improve the quality of report data.
- Preparation of the creation of detail level budgets in IRC SUN format to ensure required donor reports can be produced from the accounting system
3) Field Office Training & Support
- Acting as the primary liaison for the Abuja, Adamawa & Yobe office finance staff for policy or procedure questions
- By frequent visits to the deep field offices providing training to finance staff on IRC accounting procedures and requirements, assists the Senior Area Managers and program staff in finance-related issues and activities.
- c)Ensure the review of financial data submitted by Abuja, Adamawa & Yobe states offices to identify weaknesses or problems being encountered by Abuja, Adamawa & Yobe states finance staff and recommend corrective action.
- In conjunction with the Deputy Director of Finance developing or revising policy and procedures and assists in the implementation.
4) Balance Sheet Accounts
- Supervising or performing all balance sheet account reconciliations on a timely basis
- Ensuring differences or discrepancies are brought to the attention of the FC and that appropriate action is taken.
- Recommending standard formats for reconciliation and/or procedures to improve the underlying accounting, control, or processing of transactions to minimize errors or omissions.
5) Procurement Accounting
- The review of and accounting for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, the accuracy of amounts, and control over payments
- Providing input to Purchase Request approvals to ensure commitments are considered before further purchases approved
- Primary responsibility for liaison with logistics/procurement.
6) Cash/Bank – Processing
- Supervision of the processing of bank and cash transactions of Abuja, Adamawa & Yobe states
- Ensuring internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts, and transfers
7) Cash Forecasting
- Ensure preparation of cash forecasts for Abuja, Adamawa & Yobe states
- Monitoring cash usage and requirements and advises the Deputy Director of Finance of possible unusual activity or requirements
- Working with field and program coordinators to help them develop more accurate cash forecasts
8) Cost Accounting.
- Providing recommendations for cost allocation systems following donor regulations
- Assisting in or reviewing physical inventory counts and ensuring proper valuation and accounting for inventory or supply items.
9) National Payroll
- Supervise the processing of the national payroll for Abuja, Adamawa & Yobe state ensuring standard financial controls are maintained.
- Supervise the preparation of the necessarily related accounting entries including salary allocations for Abuja, Adamawa & Yobe states
- Ensure all statutory deductions are remitted on time to Abuja, Adamawa & Yobe state governments.
10) Internal Audit
- Internal audit activities as required by the Deputy Director of Finance
- Reviews of controls and monitoring of compliance with established procedures.
- Preparation of written reports for review by the DDF which identify key issues and provide recommendations for improving control processes or procedures
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of the country’s Operating Budget to ensure data is complete and maintained on a timely basis.
- Assisting in the development and preparation of cost allocation processes for overarching costs that comply with donor regulations on allowable costs.
- Working with program staff to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments to ensure adequate coverage of country operating costs and NY direct and indirect costs.
- Review of actual vs. budget results to ensure maximum utilization of budgeted amounts and to provide recommendations for realignments as required.
- Supervise and review proposal budgets, financial reports prepared by direct reports (or as assigned by DDF through grant allocation)
Requirments For Assistant Finance Controller At IRC
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce, or Finance with a recognized professional certificate in accounting (CPA or equivalent certification would be preferred).
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience and three (3) years of managerial experience.
- Experienced with various PC and financial related software (spreadsheets, accounting packages).
- Working experience within IRC finance in the capacity of Assistant Finance Controller and consortium/partnership financial management is advantageous.
- Must have a proven track record of proactively identifying and communicating potential problems and proposing solutions.
- Committed to staff capacity building and effective at facilitation.
- Familiarity with FCDO, BHA, SIDA, ECHO, EU, GIZ, GAC rules and regulations is a plus
Skills and abilities
- Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with program staff, management, and employees
- Comfortable making decisions.
- Good supervisory, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Very good in handling multiple tasks and good in the delegation
How To Apply For Assistant Finance Controller Job At IRC
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the International Rescue Committee (IRC) recruitment portal.
- Follow the onsite guideline to complete and submit your application.
- The application deadline is not specified.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality, and Accountability. Following these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
To apply for this job please visit rescue.csod.com.