International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Assistant, Programme (British Red Cross) Job Vacancy At International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies – IFRC
An Assistant, Programme (British Red Cross) Job Vacancy is currently available at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Assistant, Programme Job At International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies – IFRC
- Officer, Finance Job At International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Technical back office manager (m / f / d) Job At Julius Berger
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network. Founded in 1919, the IFRC has 192 member Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies, a secretariat in Geneva and more than 60 delegations strategically located to support activities around the world.
The International Federation, the National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross together constitute the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
While formally reporting to the Head of Country Cluster, he/ she will be operationally managed by the Country Manager, British Red Cross and the Programme Officer, British Red Cross.
Assistant, Programme (British Red Cross) Responsibilities
He/ she will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide support to issues related to the development of the Nigeria Red Cross Society, including:
- Coordination with the National Society and other relevant RC/RC movement partners on the follow-up of the findings of the due diligence process to ensure that identified organizational weaknesses will be addressed
- Support in preparing for meetings related to National Society Development (review of documents, drafting of position papers)
- Support in accompanying the National Society in the process of operationalizing the NRCS country strategy
- Prepare regular reports and organize records
- Support the BRC Programme Officer in planning, implementation and reporting related to the Disaster Management programme (and possibly additional programmes in future), as well as administrative management
- Provide support in the development of programme proposals
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential documents:
- Policies and procedures
- Financial documents
- Programmatic and strategy related documents
- Contracts and agreements
- Maintain the office calendar:
- Keep an overview of relevant meetings and events
- Maintain an overview of staff on visits to Nigeria
- Support in the procurement of items and services according to office procedures
- Follow up on other office services and maintenance when needed (plumbing, painting, etc)
- General office administration
- Adhere to the RC/ RC movement values
- Undertake other duties as are reasonably required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field relevant to the position is required
- Work experience in assistant positions (not necessarily in the Red Cross) is preferred
- Work experience within a multi-cultural environment is preferred
- Working experience with Disaster Management programming is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Strong communication skills are preferred
- Computer Literate (especially excel, word, PowerPoint) is preferred
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines is preferred
- Initiative and flexibility is preferred
- Accuracy and attention to detail is preferred
- Fluently spoken and written English is required
Competencies and Values
- National Society and customer relations
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Judgement and decision making
- Creativity and innovation
- Empowering others
How To Apply For Assistant, Programme (British Red Cross) Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) recruitment portal.
- Hit the ‘Apply Now button.
- Continue to create an account on the portal.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your application.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline is 21st November.
To apply for this job please visit www.ifrc.org.