International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Assistant, Programme Job Vacancy At International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies – IFRC
An Assistant, Programme Job Vacancy is currently available at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Assistant, Programme (British Red Cross) Job At International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies – IFRC
- Officer, Finance Job At International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Technical back office manager (m / f / d) Job At Julius Berger
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network. Founded in 1919, the IFRC has 192 member Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies, a secretariat in Geneva and more than 60 delegations strategically located to support activities around the world.
The International Federation, the National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross together constitute the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Officer, the Program Assistant will:
- Provide administrative support in the timely and smooth implementation of the tasks and responsibilities linked to the project plans and priorities.
- Provide comprehensive administrative and technical support to the Operations team and all the programmes.
- Assist to support the operational team in the translation and dissemination of their needs within the communities.
- Assist in the follow up of the management of programme implementation in the operational area
- Assist in close collaboration with the National Societies to ensure close and appropriate linkages between the program team and the branches
- Provide the data management services for the operation
Assistant, Programme Responsibilities
- Accountable for providing professional administrative expertise and support.
- Support the program team in the organization of meetings internally or externally: Planning and events, issuing and preparing invitations and requests for meetings.
- Collect, compiles, tracks and anticipates the necessary documentation and files containing briefings and information for meetings, events and mission travel and ensures the required clearances.
- Attend meetings and prepare meeting notes, meeting reports (syntheses, summaries, agreements and action points for follow-up), upon request identify meeting content.
- Keep the various operational file holders informed of requests and upcoming commitments and deadlines.
- Conduct research on various emergencies, food and livelihood needs and related issues.
- Support to the program activities across the project cycle.
- Supports the team in the daily program activities and provide assistance to compile any financial report.
- Provide support in drafting, editing and preparing presentations, correspondence and other communications when required.
- Support knowledge management systems and files.
- Maintain a central filing system for the operational team to coordinate with archives and records ensuring all key documents are accessible and appropriately archived for all related programmes.
- In close collaboration with the Program team, develop and maintain up-to-date mailing lists, contact lists for internal and external stakeholders for different programs.
- Support the implementation of the project in providing timely, accurate information and ensure that Monitoring and Evaluation are in line with project requirements
- Work closely with the PMER Officer in ensuring effective planning, monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Ensure timely submission of reports by the National Society for the different active projects
- Perform any other task assigned by Line or Technical Manager
- Relevant university degree in Disaster Management, Health Management, Public Health or other related fields
- Master’s Degree in related Discipline
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in Disaster Management/Health, Agric/Food Security Related projects is required
- Experience working with an international non-governmental organization is preferred
- Experience in writing reports, case studies and M&E is preferred
- Experience of working with National Societies is preferred
- Basic secretarial skills knowledge is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Self-supporting in computers
- Very good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Motivated, self-starter personality, sense of responsibility and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify and handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Good negotiation skills, good judgment and maturity
- Good knowledge of the operational context and area
- Flexibility and ability to travel in the operation’s areas
- Fluent in written and spoken English is required
- Fluent in written and spoken French is preferred
Competencies and Values
- National Society relations
- Communication – Teamwork
- Professionalism – Integrity – Diversity
- Results focus and accountability
How To Apply For Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) recruitment portal.
- Hit the ‘Apply Now button.
- Continue to create an account on the portal.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your application.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline is 25th November.
To apply for this job please visit www.ifrc.org.