Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
Auditors Operational Compliance Job Vacancy At ECOWAS
Auditors Operational Compliance job vacancy is currently available at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Account Officer Job Vacancy At ECOWAS
- Human Resource Officer Job Vacancy At ECOWAS
- Auditors: Abuja + Agencies Job Vacancy At ECOWAS
|INSTITUTION||Office of the Auditor General|
|ANNUAL SALARY||UA49,106.81 USD77,480.72|
|DIRECTORATE||Program Performance Audit|
|LINE SUPERVISOR||Principal Internal Auditor, Operational Compliance|
- Under the supervision of the Principal Internal Auditor, Operational Compliance, the incumbent will be responsible for implementing comprehensive internal audit programs covering all risks relating to the applicable areas of intervention and in line with applicable professional standards, guidelines and planning.
Auditors Operational Compliance Responsibilities
- Positively contribute to the execution and improvement of the institution’s governance through offering valuable input to Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and other risk management tools;
- Execute and positively contribute to the performance of risk-based audit activities on the ECOWAS institutions and Agencies as will be instructed;
- Prepare, document audit process, present objective reports that reflect audit results, make reasonable and objective recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed and monitor management’s response and implementation;
- Assist in the coordination of audit activities as per the Internal Audit Charter and Internal Audit Manual;
- Ensure the timely completion of internal audit engagements;
- Record, compile and summarise all findings related to audit programs in audit files for review by a supervisor;
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions;
- Improve or adapt as needed audit programs following the annual audit plan;
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards;
- Ensure that professional internal auditing standards are followed;
- Maintain healthy working relationships with managers at all levels;
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting or related field from a recognized University.
- 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit, finance, accounting, administration, statistics ;
- Experience in public sector auditing; or related area is desirable;
- Knowledge of auditing standards and practices, risk assessment, and applicable financial rules and procedures particularly Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) tools;
- Knowledge and experience of auditing in an ERP environment (SAP for instance) and using specialized IT audit applications;
- Technical knowledge and hands-on experience in the field of auditing.
- Demonstrated cognitive knowledge of specialized audit applications in a variety of disciplines and best practices regarding performance standards;
- Demonstrated in-depth technical knowledge and hands-on experience in the field of auditing;
- Certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Ecowas Key Competencies
- Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instil a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- Ability to respect the chain of command appropriately;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
- Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
- Contribute to maintaining the organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
- Ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- Ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters of assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards;
- Demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- Ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbias and transparent manner.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programmes and policies;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
- Knowledge of member states development trends, indicators, challenges and opportunities as it relates to project/programme assigned to own position.
- Ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- Ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- Ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions and/or internal committees.
- Demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
- Ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means;
- Exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- Identify, organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- Ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
- Ability to identify, collect and assess indicators to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required.
How To Apply For Auditors Operational Compliance Job
Eligible individuals should download the Application Form here (Ms Word), fill the form accurately, attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The application deadline for Principal Internal Auditor, Operational Compliance (Institutions) is 3rd November,
- Female applications are encouraged.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications initially submitted with only the CV remain acceptable.