Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Awards Management Officer (Grants Manager) Job Vacancy At Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Awards Management Officer (Grants Manager) job vacancy is currently available at Catholic Relief Services (CRS). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Job Title: Awards Management Officer (Grants Manager) (210000fp)
Primary Location: Abuja
Job: Program Management
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world.
Catholic Relief Services programs assist persons based on need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. We are a global leader in agricultural livelihoods programming, and promotes resilience building in impoverished, disaster-affected, and climate change-impacted areas around the world. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently works in 32 of Nigeria’s 36 states, focusing on agriculture and livelihoods, health, and emergency programming.
We are currently recruiting an Awards Management Officer (Grants Manager) who will be responsible for the overall financial management of the STaR project as well as the following:
- Oversee the effective and appropriate use of financial resources of the project and will develop effective mechanisms for budgeting, expenditure and liquidation tracking, and financial reporting, for the prime partner and any sub-awardees.
- Oversee financial management and reporting on STaR project for Nigeria, Chad and Niger.
- Ensure that project financial management processes for the project follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donor (KFW) rules and regulations, and country legal requirements, and that all required project financial reports are prepared and submitted promptly.
- Finance Officer Job Vacancy At Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Project Officer – Nutrition Job At Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Security Assistant Job At Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Awards Management Officer (Grants Manager) Key Responsibilities
Grant Management and Budgeting
- Ensure STaR grants management processes are aligned for Nigeria, Chad and Niger
- Monitor grant amendments, update grant files, submit copies of amendment documents to Catholic Relief Services by uploading relevant documents on a gateway and monitor grant expiry period.
- Ensure that donor required reports (including accrual reports) are prepared accurately and disseminated within the due dates.
- Coordinate with HQ finance to ensure that donor reports that are generated by HQ finance are sent out to donors promptly.
- Coordinate grant closure activities with the respective project/grant manager and HQ/Finance to ensure that expired grants are fully closed out as per donor regulations
- Review and approve liquidation journals ensuring accurate postings particularly to designated account codes, and that proper sub-recipient accounts (T-codes) are charged
- Review posted journals for errors and recommend correction when necessary
- Participate in the preparation of the budget commensurate with the program implementation plan and provide advice to the Chief of Party on budgetary issues
- Review sub-recipient budgets and provide comments/recommend approval by the Chief of Party.
- Develop effective budget monitoring tools and implement them for all CRS sub-recipients
- Actively engage in budget discussions and generate feedback for the senior management team on adverse budget variances in monthly BCR meetings
- Address the needs and the implementation of training on budgeting and compliance.
Sub-recipient Financial Support
- Ensure that the Finance and Compliance Staff provide direct technical support in all aspects of finance for sub-recipient
- Orient accounting and project management staff in relevant and appropriate Donors financial management policies, procedures, and standards
- Ensure integrity of Donor grants financial reporting and the effective control of financial assets. Regularly monitor and assess sub-recipient ability to accurately record and post all financial transactions and provide feedback to Finance officers
- Advice on GAAP and basic accounting records to be maintained at Sub-recipient
- Coordinate the identification of training needs, and development of country-specific training curriculum for the training of Sub-recipients
Financial Reporting and Auditing
- Lead financial reporting for the STaR project, ensuring that financial information from Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon and Chad is accurate, timely and complete
- Facilitate all internal and external audits for the STaR project.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
- Dotted line supervision of Nigeria Grants Specialist, Niger Accountant, Cameroon Accountant and Chad Admin and Finance Officer.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field plus a qualification in accounting (ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- At least 8 years experience in financial management for large, complex projects, of which at least four years were working in the field of international development;
- Extensive financial and grant management experience working with non-governmental organization sub-recipients and other sub-grantees
- Familiarity with German Government (KFW, BMZ, GFFO) financial regulations, policies and practices; OR experience working at a senior level on a DFID/EU/ECHO-funded grant;
- Sound Knowledge of accounting package or enterprise financial management and reporting software;
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English; and
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, as required.
- The English Language is required while French is an added advantage
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven leadership and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams
- Proven experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Excellent organization, planning and analytical skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated strength in relationship management
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Chief of Party, Emergency Coordinator, MEAL Manager, Head of Finance and Grants (Nigeria)
- External: Local partners
How To Apply For Awards Management Officer (Grants Manager) Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) recruitment portal.
- Create an application account in the portal if you haven’t.
- Activate your account via the registered email.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your application.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be notified of the next process.
- The application deadline is 3rd September.
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
To apply for this job please visit crs.taleo.net.