Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
BI and Analytics / DBA, Lead Job Vacancy At Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
A BI and Analytics / DBA, Lead job vacancy is currently available at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence.
The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum downtime period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development. Ikeja Electric has over 600,000 customers who the company is committed to serving with a New Spirit, New Drive and New Energy.
This resolve continues to elicit a passion for service excellence and new thinking on how to empower lives and businesses across the IE network.
- IT Helpdesk Officer Job At Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Senior Software Developer Job At Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Legal Officer Job At Brit Property Nigeria Limited
- This role is responsible for bringing interactive tools in the form of mobile apps, websites, or other digital platforms to ensure IE fully integrate customer and user experiences into its business operations by working as part of a team of problem solvers, to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution;
- The ideal candidate is also expected to oversee. He also oversees the administration of the organization’s database(s), analyzes staff needs of the database(s), and develop a long-term strategy for data storage.
BI and Analytics / DBA, Lead Responsibilities
- Design and delivery of data science and machine learning projects; supporting business development; and working with customers.
- Technical leadership in the design and delivery of data science and machine learning solutions that transform ways of working and deliver measurable benefits.
- Collaborate with Machine Learning Engineers and Software Developers to develop machine learning software products including but not limited to exploring large data sets, trying out new algorithms, feature engineering, testing, and evaluating model outputs, deploying the solutions for production usage, and scale-out as required for different client environment.
- Champion innovation in data science team and machine learning with a deep technical background in machine learning and data science.
- Work in a cross-functional agile team of highly skilled engineers, data scientists, business stakeholders to build the AI ecosystem within our client organization.
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths, and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Know-how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Identify, define, and assess the properties and specifications necessary for the database management system (DBMS) to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
- Define a logical database structure for application development based on the organizational structure of the company.
- Develop and implements policies and procedures related to data security, integrity and accessibility.
- Develop, maintain, and control additional corporate data libraries specific to the organization, industry, or locality.
- Ensure project and department milestones and goals are met on time and within budget.
- Assess current and projected database performance and recommends changes and enhancements.
- Resolve data conflicts for matters such as naming conventions, data privacy, and data ownership.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in DBMS and related technology.
- Maintain good working relationships with internal departments as well as third-party vendors
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Assist in carrying out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- First Degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or Engineering or similar field and a strong will to continuously develop your skillset.
- Knowledge of statistical programming languages like R, Python, and database query languages like SQL, Hive, Pig is desirable. Familiarity with Scala, Java, or C++ is an added advantage.
- Good applied statistical skills, including knowledge of statistical tests, distributions, regression, maximum likelihood estimators, etc. Proficiency in statistics is essential for data-driven companies.
- Machine Learning – good knowledge of machine learning methods like k-Nearest Neighbors, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests.
- Data Wrangling proficiency in handling imperfections in data is an important aspect of a data scientist’s job description.
- Experience with Data Visualization Tools like matplotlib, ggplot, d3.js., Tableau that helps to visually encode data
- Experience using open-source machine learning algorithms.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI) and data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop).
- Ability to independently implement algorithms and models to production with at least one programming language with support from our machine learning engineers.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like TensorFlow or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn).
- Strong Knowledge of Python, R, SQL, and NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with AWS, or other ML development platforms.
- Knowledge of software development principles and design patterns.
- Disaster Recovery.
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Presentation, Visualization and Storytelling
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
How To Apply For BI and Analytics / DBA, Lead Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form.
- Submit and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline is 5th April 2022.
To apply for this job please visit 188.8.131.52.