Enugu State University Of Science And Technology (ESUT)
Bursar Job Vacancy At Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
A Bursar job vacancy is currently available at Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), interested individuals who possess the criteria stated below should proceed and apply.
Bursar Responsibilities In ESUT
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- By his/her position, the Bursar should be able to coordinate the development and upgrading of the University’s financial management plans.
- The bursar should be able to coordinate the preparation of periodic income expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow estimates and conditions where necessary.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate financial records are maintained assets and liabilities held by the University and be able to monitor monthly income, expenditure and balance sheet against the budgets among other schedules.
- The Bursar should provide the University Management with appropriate advice on the institution’s financial transactions such as fundraising, planning, proposals, preparation, sources of external funding and their requirements.
- Others include external funding and financial reports on them.
The candidate for the post of Bursar shall be visionary and have the ability to provide leadership, possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life and be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- Graduate Assistant (CONUASS 1) Job Vacancy At ESUT
- Vice-Chancellor Job At Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
- Registrar Job At Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- The applicant should possess a good first degree or equivalent not less than Second Class Honours (Lower Division) from a recognized University and must, in addition, be a member of any of the following professional Accounting Bodies ICAN, ACCA or ANAN.
- Masters Degree in the relevant course is an advantage.
- The candidates must also have attained the rank of Deputy Bursar or its equivalent in Government/industry and must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
- Must be Deputy Bursar or its equivalent in Government or Industry
- A seasoned administrator well-rooted in the finest financial practice
- A person with a grasp of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) tools
- Must be a person of courage, but humane, and who can influence financial decisions in the interest of the University
- A person of proven integrity with the ability to give financial and administrative leadership and build bridges amongst staff and students of the University
- Sound physically and mentally to be able to perform all the duties and discharge the responsibilities assigned to him/her by the extant laws of the University and as may be directed by the Governing Council, the Vice-Chancellor and the Senate
- A person willing and prepared to assist in the external fundraising activity
- Experienced in managing external funds and preparing an external financial report to donor agencies; and
- Must not be more than 60 years of age on assumption of office as the Bursar.
Salary And Conditions of Service
- The salary and condition of service are similar to those of the Post of Bursar in Nigerian Universities and as determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
- The Bursar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years and on such terms and conditions as specified in his / her letter of appointment.
How To Apply For The Bursar Job
Interested and qualified candidates should submit his / her Application accompanied by the applicant’s most recent Curriculum Vitae which shall contain the following:
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Local Government and the State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address with an E-mail address and Telephone Number
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (as applicable)
- Academic Qualifications (Degrees with classes and copies of credentials to be enclosed)
- Membership of Academic and Professional Bodies
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked at the upper left-hand corner, “Bursar”, to the:
Ag. Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT),
Enugu State, Nigeria.
The application deadline is 16th July.