Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
C19RM Health Product Management and Logistics (HPML) Specialist Job At Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
A C19RM Health Product Management and Logistics (HPML) Specialist job vacancy are currently available at Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
- Program Officer Job At Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
- Laboratory Specialist (Technical Lead) Job At Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
- Global Fund (GF) Grant Manager Job At Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the government agency with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection, and response to infectious disease outbreaks. Over the last three years, NCDC has deployed a new tool for disease surveillance.
- We seek candidates for the position of Global Fund (GF) C19RM Health Product Management and Logistics Specialist focusing mainly on the C19RM commodities supported by GF.
- This individual will provide support as part of the NCDC GF Grant Management Unit (GMU) which oversees the NCDC’s Global Fund Grant. GF grants include the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH2) and the COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C-19 RM).
- NCDC seeks a Health Product Management and Logistics Specialist who will be part of the Grants Management Unit (GMU) and provide logistics and supply chain management support for health products for COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
- The Specialist, Health Products Management as a key member of the NCDC- GF Project Management Unit plays a key role in the efficient management of grants, ensures the provision of adequate technical expertise for complex and strategic matters and supports analyzing risks and proposing solutions for the efficient implementation of pharmaceutical management, service delivery and supply chain management activities for health products in NCDC.
- He/she also participates in the development of Global Fund operational policies and guidelines related to HPM.
The main responsibilities of the Specialist, Health Product Management include:
Advising on HPM aspects of Global Fund investment:
- Throughout the C19RM grant implementation, the Specialist, HPM ensures strategic investments and value for money from a health product management perspective, by
- Engaging with NCDC supply management in identifying gaps and areas of improvement, and supporting new or innovative health product-related initiatives, to facilitate rapid uptake of new technologies, and optimize treatment and testing for COVID-19 and other priority infectious diseases in line with international guidelines to improve the performance of supply chain systems and programmatic impact respectively.
- Proposing innovative and constructive solutions to operational challenges and way forward (updated policies, tools, guidance, specific approach to infectious diseases);
- Pro-actively identify ways to streamline processes to improve sub-national and health facilities’ access to health products,
- Facilitate timely start-up of GF grants and support grant implementation through training and other capacity-building initiatives, especially about Health Product Management.
- Support validation of the PSM arrangements and the supply plan, including forecasting and related budget for health products for cOVID-19 and other infectious diseases and provide appropriate mitigation measures to address gaps/challenges, including short-term and longer-term solutions and recommendations for pharmaceutical systems strengthening investment.
- Facilitating access to appropriate technical assistance.
Contributing to the development of the risk and assurance framework:
- Identify key risks related to health product management and HPM arrangements and ensure that appropriate mitigation measures are in place for the effective and efficient implementation of activities related to the management of health products and improving systems to prevent service disruption and poor quality of services, use of substandard health products, and ensure effective use of grant funds.
- Escalate any HPM, or service delivery-related risks to the GF grant manager and Director, Supply Chain Management lead, as necessary.
- Ensure adherence to the Global Fund policies and reviewing instances of non-compliance and proposing remedial actions;
- Develop mechanisms and systems of HPM assurance in NCDC and enable NCDC to meet GF requirements and meet targets expected in the performance framework and assessments.
Contributing to the development and rollout of strategies and operational policies:
- Involved in specific work streams and deliverables on HPM
- Recognised internally as an expert and source of reference for other colleagues in the other departments;
- Contributing to or leading priority initiatives as coordinated by the Head of Supply Chain Management
- Contributing to internal training and guidance on Global Fund HPM policies, procedures and tools.
Other specific Responsibilities:
- Manage the inventory for prevention, investigation, detection, and response commodities at the National strategic stockpile warehouses; compile daily inventory logistics management reports for the supply chain management.
- Work with the Supply chain Management Team (SCMT) to support storage and stock movement of all commodities used for investigation, detection and response with a special focus on data capture and reporting.
- Assist with identification, receiving, and validation of all inbound commodities (procurement and donations and reporting same to supply chain Head as a daily report.
- Assist in picking, packaging, and labelling of issued items to the facilities in coordination with the supply chain officers and the SCMT
- Support the forecasting and update of the monthly distribution plan for the C19 RM diagnostic test through the provision of utilization data.
- Update weekly stock movement report for review by the Supply chain officer, and onward communication to the SCMT.
- Work with the NCDC Logistics Officers to support proper management of health commodities with a special focus on data capture and reporting
- Support the planning, coordination, and oversight of the implementation of the Global Fund COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) program to strengthen COVID-19 response in Nigeria in relation to logistics and warehousing
- Support in monitoring and developing program reports of the C19RM. Collate and prepare periodic reports and records on program activities, progress, and status reports as required by NACA-PR.
- Coordinate the receipt of and collation of reports on the utilization of diagnostic tests from designated labs.
- Liaise with program officer coordination to ensure requested reports from the laboratory are prepared and available on time to be shared with NACA -PR
- Maintain a working relationship with key stakeholders to ensure the achievement of the scheme’s objectives
- Manage communications and attend to all requests from NACA-PR in a prompt manner.
- Help build positive relations within the NCDC team and external parties
- Any other duties assigned by the NCDC Head of the supply chain.
- Support to develop/update a monthly distribution plan for C19 commodities procured with GF resources.
- Prepare quarterly reports that document stock received, stock status and stock distributed, etc
- Attend weekly meetings of NCDC and NACA teams and follow up on logistics-related action items from the meeting and ensure their prompt implementation
- Contribute to the development of the consolidated quarterly report of NCDC GF C19 RM report that documents achievements, challenges and recommendations of the project.
- Reported to GF supply chain officer coordinating the management of GF products.
- Essential: Advanced University Degree in Pharmacy, Medicine or Public Health.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience working in pharmaceutical management, procurement and supply-chain management of health products at the national level, including:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing complex PSM situations, managing/mitigating risks related to health products at the country, sub-national or international level.
- Experience in developing PSM-related policies, operational tools, and guidance
- Experience in developing partnerships on health product selection, uptake of new technologies, procurement and supply management matters at national or sub-national or international level
- Proven track record in leading work streams or teams in a multi-cultural environment
- Understanding of public health, logistics and molecular diagnostics
- Diploma or Certificate in Supply chain management
- A Master’s in Business Administration is an added advantage
- Experience in both demand and supply-side activities related to pharmaceutical management and in particular related to infectious diseases, COVID-19.
- Languages: An excellent knowledge of English (written and verbal).
- Health Product Management
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and expertise in pharmaceutical management and good practices.
- Good understanding of health system operations and legal matters that govern the pharmaceutical sector (regulation of pharmaceutical/health products, legal framework on which medical stores operate, flow of funds in the health sector, policy decision-making structures)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the complexity of procurement and supply chain management models for health products including demand projections and supply delivery mechanisms/models. Updated on the innovative solutions used across the sector to find sustainable solutions in managing supply chains for health products.
- At least 2 years experience of leading GF programme, in supply chain management
- Demonstrates ability to understand and apply GF policies and procedures related to grant management and apply these effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Capacity to take the lead in solving complex issues. Adapt policy and guidance to the reality/context.
- Capacity to design an assurance plan to verify the adequate implementation of PSM activities, and corrective measures.
- Ability to lead, collaborate and coordinate work and technical assistance at the national and sub-national level with technical partners and other donors.
- Detail-oriented and efficient, proactive problem solver
- Skill in organizing work of self and others.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all NCDC Staff):
Rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of NCDC and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Integrity, Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships, Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset, Accountability & Stewardship.
How To Apply For C19RM Health Product Management and Logistics (HPML) Specialist Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit your application.
- The application deadline is 30th June 2022.
To apply for this job please visit career.ncdc.gov.ng.