Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research
Care and Support Associate Job Vacancy At Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research
A Care and Support Associate job vacancy is currently available at the Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization registered in Nigeria in 2010 to promote best practices in health care delivery, medical training, and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening.
- Pharmacy and Supply Chain Specialist (PSC) Job At Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research
- Laboratory Officer Job At Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research
- Senior Academic Planning Officer Job At David Nweze Umahi University of Medical Sciences (DNUUMS)
- HIV Care and a support associate will provide support for direct service provision in supported health facilities and communities under the supervision of the Care and Support Officer.
- S / he will coordinate with other stakeholders to ensure enrollment and provision of requisite services to all enrolled HIV subpopulations.
- S / he will ensure HIV care and service provision at the facility and community and level is designed to demonstrate attribution to the 95:95:95 epidemic control goal
Care and Support Associate Responsibilities
- The Care and Support associate will provide Technical Assistance (hands-on mentorship) to adherence counsellors, Nurses & other Health Care Workers in all facilities in their designated clusters on care and support services.
- Review appointment system at the facilities and its use in tracking defaulters.
- Support & participate in tracking of Missed Appointment patients & LTFU defaulters and report to the supervisor on weekly basis.
- Assess & review ART services at the facilities, ensuring their conformity with the National Guideline on Care & Treatment of HIV/AIDS.
- Facilitate transfer of skills to Healthcare providers on HIV/AIDS care & treatment through case review & working with the facility staff on some Clinic days.
- Coordinate the implementation of PMTCT Intervention Cascade at the facility level and report to the supervisor weekly
- Initiate and coordinate HTS/IT services in all supported sites and actively link positive identified, and report to the supervisor weekly
- Participate in bi-monthly Referral Coordinators meeting in all supported LGA’s to ensure 100% linkage rate
- Educate facility staff on Test & Start approach, ensuring its effective practice to enhance the attainment of the UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets.
- Educate facility nurses on Triaging, TB & STI Clinical screening for effective patient management.
- Conduct Charts Abstraction to ascertain patients’ treatment monitoring via Viral load test & then ensure that baseline & repeat count is done as at when due.
- Mentor Focal persons on how to perform Nutrition Assessment using tools such as MUAC, Body Mass Index (BMI), and document accordingly.
- Train Health Care workers on Quality Improvement Activities/strategies.
- Reviews documentation on the Registers & PMM forms
- Perform quarterly data validation by comparing Sites’ monthly Reports with documentation on the Registers.
- Apply SIMS Checklist to all the facilities on an alternate basis with Technical Assistance (TA visit) quarterly to identify gaps followed with appropriate interventions.
- Participates in the development of Monthly Work plan of Activities.
- Writes & Submit monthly/quarterly Technical Assistance or SIMS visit Report to the supervisor.
- Participates in Expanded State Meeting & Quarterly program Review meeting.
- Participates in ECHO and other virtual online capacity building sessions
- Perform other duties assigned by Supervisors/Superiors.
- RN or Community Health Extension Worker with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in implementing HIV Prevention, Care, and Support programs
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units, and community outreaches
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines and experience working with Ministry of Health and other relevant entitles
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities
- Viable knowledge transfer techniques to diverse audiences through workshops, training, and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles
- Knowledge and understanding of HAT services structure, workflow, and operating procedures
- Ability to conduct patient evaluation and triage procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office for documenting and reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Advanced nursing skills
- Fluency in English and local language
How To Apply For Care and Support Associate Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research recruitment form portal
- Fill out the online application form.
- Submit and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline is 14th March 2022.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.