Chief of Party (COP) – Nigeria Livestock Development Job Vacancy At Heifer International
A Chief of Party (COP) – Nigeria Livestock Development job vacancy is currently available at Heifer International. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
Our goal is to help families achieve living incomes, which will allow them to feed their families daily; educate all their children; and have proper housing, water, hygiene and other essential resources.
- We are seeking qualified applicants for the following positions for an anticipated USAID-funded 5-year Feed the Future Nigeria Livestock Development Activity in Nigeria.
- The Activity will potentially explore practical, cost-effective, and multi-stakeholder adaptation solutions to improve the livelihoods of poor and vulnerable communities in target states through:
- Improved agricultural productivity, livelihood and agroecosystem resilience through climate-smart practices;
- Improved ecological and environmental services and functions, including enhanced climate-resilient water and other resource management and supply systems in vulnerable agropastoral communities;
- Strengthened institutional capacity to reduce risks associated with climate-induced socio-economic losses and livelihood failures in the target states; and
- Improved and productive livestock systems to improve food security and nutrition by (potentially) improving the consumption of animal source/protein foods, providing income generation opportunities, and fostering mutual relationships among targeted households and communities.
- These positions are contingent upon funding and donor approval.
- The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall management and representation of the project.
- H/She will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the project and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities.
- H/She will also provide strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and technical partners while ensuring the security, outcomes, and sustainability of the activity.
Chief of Party (COP) – Nigeria Livestock Development Responsibilities / Deliverables
- Assumes overall leadership, strategy development, management oversight, and technical direction for the activity and subsequent interventions.
- Serves as primary liaison to USAID, implementing partners, host country governments, project stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors.
- Provides overall leadership and supervision of senior management team, technical and administrative staff, and sub-awardees.
- Responsible for the overall and direct implementation of project activities and liaises with project teams to ensure technical coordination.
- Leads the strategic engagement of the communities and local partners in program activities.
- Ensures that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate.
- Oversees program work planning, budget, performance management, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communications.
- Identifies issues and risks related to project implementation promptly and appropriate program adjustments.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- A Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Animal Science, Business Administration, or International Development is required.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in international development work managing large (preferably $20 million and above) of similar scale in livelihood, and agricultural development activities, with knowledge of resilience programming and livestock-related programming in the African context, preferred.
- At least five years of supervisory experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team especially field-based work in a conflict-prone and/or active insurgency environment.
- Demonstrated, problem-solving skills, and capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative across activities while utilizing strong communication and interpersonal skills, with evidence of the ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, other activities, NGOs).
- Demonstrated management capacity to manage complex teams, leadership, decision making and interpersonal skills with host country government staff, local and donor counterparts, and other implementing partners to meet deadlines and deliver quality deliverables to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated understanding of USG rules and regulations is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English is required.
How To Apply For Chief of Party (COP) – Nigeria Livestock Development Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Heifer International portal.
- Fill out the online application form and submit it.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.