Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
Chief Strategy Officer (Senior Manager) Job Vacancy At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
A Chief Strategy Officer (Senior Manager) job vacancy is currently available at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Web Development Engineer Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Maintenance Officer Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Secretary Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 to:
(i) determine what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the accountancy profession and to raise those standards from time to time as circumstances may permit;
(ii) secure following the provision of the Act, the establishment and maintenance of the registers of fellows, associates and registered accountants entitled to practice as accountants and auditors and to publish from time to time a list of those persons;
(iii) perform, through the Council of the Institute, all other functions conferred on it by the Act. As the foremost professional accounting body in the West African sub-region, in 1982, ICAN initiated and contributed significantly to the formation of the Association of Accounting Bodies in West Africa (ABWA). In fulfilling its mission, the Institute has over the years certified 38,000 Chartered Accountants who are engaged in value creation in various sectors of the economy. Apart from being in professional practice, ICAN members are engaged in the three tiers of public service as well as the private sector.
- Identification, coordination, development, planning and implementation of growth and development opportunities in the industry to create a competitive advantage for the Institute to achieve its mission and vision.
Chief Strategy Officer (Senior Manager) Responsibilities
- Develops an inclusive strategic plan and strategy by collaborating with the leadership team and Council;
- Develops business model innovations for the Institute’s growth;
- Evaluates market forecast and long-term trends;
- Develops a capital plan in line with the strategy and focus of the presidential year for the Institute;
- Identifies key capital projects, joint ventures and other strategic partnership and alliance opportunities;
- Provides interpretation for long-term plans into short-term projects;
- Collects competitive intelligence to drive cross-functional business processes;
- Analyses market dynamics, market share changes, service line performance and competitive intelligence;
- Collaborates with the Institute’s leadership, special committees and consultants to execute strategies;
- Communicates strategy effectively throughout the Institute;
- Identifies strategic risks and helps to reduce those risks;
- Ensures suitable metrics are in place to measure performance and progress strategic initiatives and;
- Acts as secretary to the relevant committees.
- Relates with the RCE, Deputy Registrars, Director, Technical & Education and other Management staff.
- Relates with the other relevant accounting and financial professional bodies etc.
- Working with other team members in the Office of Registrar/Chief Executive.
- B.Sc and M.Sc in Marketing, Business Management, Economics and other business-related fields
- Membership of relevant professional body
- 10 years post relevant professional qualification experience.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Should possess excellent communication skills
- Should be innovative, confident and must demonstrate a keen interest in the organization’s activities
- Strong knowledge of business development and management consulting
- Strong technical skills in areas of trend analysis
- Should have strong decision making, problem-solving, quality-control and time management skills
- Should be a Team Player
- Should be capable of inspiring the confidence of boss and subordinates
- Should possess impeccable integrity and proven commitment to good governance
- Must have executive presence and inspire the confidence of stakeholders
- Working knowledge of specialized software and tools
- Should be capable of working under pressure, delivering on timelines and achieving strategic goals/targets
- Should be self-motivated and possess exceptional interpersonal skills.
How To Apply For Chief Strategy Officer (Senior Manager)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
The application deadline is 17th November.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.