Save The Children
Community Mobilization Assistant Job Recruitment At Save The Children
The vacant position of Community Mobilization Assistant is currently available in Save the Children Organization, suitably qualified candidates who possess the below stated criteria should proceed and apply.
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Nigeria Country Programme||GRADE 5|
|CONTRACT LENGTH:||Reports to: Community Mobilization Officer|
|Staff reporting to this post: None|
Employee Status : Fixed Term
Community Mobilization Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Identify policy and practice change, based on Save the Children’s experience that would promote and protect the rights of children.
- Support in formulating key advocacy messages and targets from lessons learned, assessments, research, and evidence gained through project implementation on WASH, Child Protection, Food security et al
- Ensure that the voices of children form the basis of Save the Children’s advocacy strategy.
- Acquire information and understanding of social policy and adapt strategies as necessary.
- Ensure Save the Children visibility is seen in the state
- Actively participate in all Save the Children and CSO Coalition has driven activities in the state
- Establish as well as sustain existing synergy among coalition
- Engage with the state and local governments in policies review when needed
- Facilitate meetings of the coalition groups
- Prepare monthly reports of activities carried out
- Develop good knowledge of local and national government structures, parliamentary and political processes, and key decision-making structures and how to influence them.
- Initiate and support lobbying, communications, and other activities to inform and persuade policymakers, including donors and politicians, of the value of Save the Children’s policy recommendations.
- Support in building systems for research, analysis, and documentation that underpin evidence-based advocacy and influencing at state and national levels.
- Produce reports, briefing papers, and presentations for internal and external audiences, as directed.
Collaboration & Representation
- Develop and sustain strategic relationships with other agencies engaged in advocacy and policy work.
- Support in maintaining a network of external contacts with key individuals in the government, NGO sector, civil society, and the media.
- Support in facilitating capacity building of staff from Save the Children and partner agencies in advocacy and communications.
- As a spokesperson for Save the Children to a variety of external audiences including policymakers and the media, as directed.
- Provide technical support on voice and community mobilization to the State program team
- Develop a community mobilization strategy in collaboration with the team and ensure implementation
- Train and mentor Local consultants – Community support
- In collaboration with the rest of the program team prepare and facilitate training
- Office Assistant Job Recruitment At Save The Children
- Project Manager Education Job At Save The Children Organization
- Enumerators Job Recruitment At Save The Children
Requirements For Community Mobilization Assistant Job In Save The Children Organization
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- high level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyze complex sets of relationships and situations
- holds self and others accountable
- Zeal to work with Children
- future-orientated thinks pro-actively
- working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members, and external partners
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- designing more effective admin systems
- willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates the highest levels of integrity.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A degree or HND in health, social work, psychology, communications, or related social science field.
- Entry-level skills in advocacy and policy development/research in the development context.
- Good understanding of the possibilities and tactics for influencing decision and policymakers, politicians, donors, and other key actors.
- Knowledge of the media and its role in raising awareness and shaping public policy.
- Good understanding of strategies for achieving child protection, Psychosocial programming policies through participatory processes, and the links with gender, diversity, and other aspects of identity.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrable ability to think strategically, innovatively, and practically to ensure achievement of desired change objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences at local, state, and national levels.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with partner agencies and key contacts in the government, NGO, civil society (coalitions), and media sectors.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, email/internet) and ability to be self-supporting in most administrative tasks.
- Fluent English language skills (written and verbal).
- Commitment to the values, mission, aims, and policies of Save the Children.
- Training skills in advocacy techniques and influencing tactics.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Yobe state culture and the diversity of ethnic groups
- Ability to speak in at least 2 of the Local languages (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulfulde, Kare-Kare, Gizim, Bade, and Below, etc.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties following the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff
The post holder is required to carry out the duties following the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties following SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Gender considerations: Qualified Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How To Apply
- Use the ‘Apply For Job’ link below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Save The Children application portal.
- On the portal, click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Create and verify an application account using your active email.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your account by providing the requested details accurately.
The application deadline is 3rd May.
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.