Compliance/Legal Officer Job Vacancy At Checkoff Finance
Compliance/Legal Officer job vacancy is currently available at Checkoff Finance. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Telesales Agent Job Vacancy At Checkoff Finance
- Finance Manager Job Vacancy At Checkoff Finance
- HR Planning Intern (L&D and Performance Management) Job At MainOne Cable
At Checkoff Credit Systems Limited, we offer unsecured loans to workers, payroll loans to public and private sector employees.
Checkoff Finance has recently received Approval In Principle from the Central Bank of Nigeria and is looking for a Compliance/Legal Officer.
JOB TYPE: Full time (Hybrid work model)
Compliance/Legal Officer Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an effective legal compliance program
- Create effective internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Draft and revise company policies
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments) to assess compliance risk
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices
- Fulfil regulators’ reporting obligations
- Check products from a legal and compliance perspective.
- Receive and direct compliance issues for investigation and resolution.
- Develop, maintain and review compliance policies to prevent improper, unethical and illegal conduct.
- Handle rules, regulations and policy violations and review and suggest procedures initiation.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in Law
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience in the same role
- Work experience in a financial institution regulated by CBN will be an added advantage.
- Have a clear understanding of the regulatory framework
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering)
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
Salary: ₦2.5m – ₦3.6m gross per annum (depending on experience)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the email.
The application deadline is 5th January.