International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Consultancy Services: States Policy Analysis Job At International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The vacant position of Consultancy Services: States Policy Analysis is currently available at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
This request for expression of interest follows the general procurement procedures for this project issued under the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) as part of her contributions to Agricultural transformation in Nigerian federal states and Togolese regions towards achieving Zero Hunger.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is collaborating with AfricaRice to implement the Agricultural transformation in Nigerian federal states and Togolese regions towards achieving Zero Hunger Project, to improve the livelihood of smallholder farmers in Benue, Ogun and Ebonyi States in Nigeria and Kara and Plateaux regions in Togo.
The goal of the project is to contribute to the zero hunger initiatives within rice and cassava value chains in Nigeria and Togo. In terms of objectives, there are two focuses given the twofold nature of the Project that leverages on two pillars: ‘technology and innovation’, and ‘policy analysis and policy engagement for technology upta
- Head, Genetic Resources Centre Job At International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Data Manager Job At International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Senior Research Associate Job At International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The Consultancy Study will involve six principal activities for Benue and Ogun State with a focus on the cassava value chain
Consultancy Services: States Policy Analysis Duties
- Undertake an identification of country/states’ policy goals and targets for agricultural transformation and government intervention plans for realizing the goals.
- Undertake institutional and programs mapping to address the fundamental question of “What’s going on where, and by who” on the cassava value chain within Benue and Ogun States.
- Assess policy challenges to identify opportunities and recommend policy options to drive technology uptake in the cassava value chain.
- Assess progress in achieving Zero Hunger in Benue and Ogun States with a focus on Cassava.
- Characterise and map size of production inputs on cassava:
- Develop a strategy document for cassava were not available and a policy brief to influence the existing seed, processing, market and, mechanization policies and finally enhance the participation of farmers in seeds production, processing, mechanization, and market linkages.
The Consultant will also conduct the following activities:
- Present the findings of analysis and knowledge materials in suitable formats to multiple stakeholders. Interpret results of data analysis in the light of current knowledge.
- Produce written documents for multiple audiences and stakeholders, such as analytical papers, reports, reviews and policy briefs.
- Support the dissemination of findings and new evidence to policymakers and programme planners at various levels especially the sub-national level as per visibility and communication plan.
- Support Project implementation unit in preparing reader-friendly materials that could be disseminated using multiple channels.
- This could involve web and media communications; publications; policy briefs; organizing local events; and participation in conferences, meetings.
At least a PhD Degree or equivalent in one or more of the following disciplines: agriculture science; development economics, strategic planning/management, social sciences, or other related fields with proven and demonstrated experience in similar consultancy.
The ideal candidate must:
- Minimum 8 years of international development experience, including work in developing countries.
- Demonstrated experience in formulating social policies, designing and implementing analytical activities.
- Proven ability to write policy briefs, research papers, articles, technical reports and documents in English.
- Demonstrated professional and interpersonal communications skills suited for donor clients, government and other stakeholders (including data visualization, report writing and presentations).
- Track record of successful delivery of high–level expert advice to governments and international organizations;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and have the initiative to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Experience in using statistical software and relevant analytical tools for both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Ability to work with a multicultural environment and team.
Timing and Duration of Assignment:
- The Consultant is expected to undertake the assignment effective immediately and will work very closely with the Zero Hunger Project Implementation Team and IITA Social Science Team.
- The duration of the assignment will be 20 working days spread over a 40–day period.
Interested consultants should submit detailed technical and financial proposals (not more than 5 pages) covering:
- Capacity statement
- Demonstrated understanding of the terms of reference
- Proposed methodology
- A detailed work plan
- A detailed financial proposal
The proposal should be accompanied by the below annexes:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Two reference letters from recent clients with contact details of the referees.
How To Apply For Consultancy Services: States Policy Analysis Job
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) recruitment portal,
- Fill the online application form.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is 9th July.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.