Container Control Manager Job Recruitment At Adexen
The vacant position of Container Control Manager is currently available at Adexen as mandated by a Marine industry to recruit for the position in Lagos, Nigeria. suitably qualified candidates who possess the below-stated criteria should proceed and apply.
Adexen is a global Human Resources Company providing business and support services in Africa. We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering, and Supply chain.
- Compliance Specialist Job Recruitment At Adexen
- Network Engineer Job Recruitment At Adexen
- Logistics Operations Manager Job Recruitment At Adexen
Container Control Manager Job Responsibilities
- Managing equipment control activity, managing EQC Coordinators, updated equipment movements & information quality, monitoring EDI transmissions & movement response time, handling containers without movement as well as handling lost containers.
- Oversees the day to day activities of the Off dock and Transporters
- Follow company’s procedure and code of ethics
- Coordinate the distribution of seals to West Africa as the need arises
- Ensure that all vendors invoices tendered for payment are properly checked to avoid duplicates and payment for containers not transferred
- Coordinate with Head Office procurement/logistics team for the new vendor nomination process and handling empty container stock
- Extract weekly report for incomplete transportation job order and communicate to the vendors as well as monitor the transportation job orders
- Monitor the system update of daily moves by the off docks to ensure the accurate date for demurrage collection and correct the out of sequence movement on a weekly basis
- Update import/demurrage system twice per week and ensure any missing dates are captured and updated in the system promptly
- Update delivery of full and empty containers report from off dock activities
- Generate daily, weekly, and prepare monthly containers reports of all terminals whenever a transfer of empty containers from the depot to the terminal occurs
- Follow through with proper documentation of all triangulated containers
- Generate from the in-house system the list of containers with the Consignees and exporters every 2 weeks and sends to the Import and Export Team for their necessary follow-up for the return of our empty containers.
- Design and implement containers monitoring system until they are fully returned to the terminals
- Manage the repair and maintenance of reefer containers
- Verification of transporters before onboarding (in coordination with Procurement team)
- Biweekly reporting of non-moved containers to the commercial team for follow up
- Monitor empty container sales and reporting in liaison with Finance and Head-office
- Monitor damaged container repairs and reporting in liaison with Finance and Head-office
- Manage drop-off of containers by clients
- Coordinate the logistics team and department
Desired Skills and Experience
- First degree in Social Sciences/Arts or relevant discipline
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- At least 8 years of progressive shipping logistics/operational responsibility with at least 5 of those years in a managerial position
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint; web-based and email programs
- Demonstrable passion for our company’s mission; a hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with the other departments towards achieving the company’s mission and targets and building effective working relationships as well as partnerships.
- An analytical mindset aimed at improving equipment control and administration standards.
- Ability to lead a team of equipment control coordinators and provide strategic direction to the department and organization.
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
How To Apply For Container Control Manager Job In Adexen
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Adexen recruitment portal.
- Signup and verify your application account.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your application.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit www.adexen.com.