Cost Accountant Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
The vacant position of Cost Accountant is currently available in Dangote Group. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, founded by Aliko Dangote. It is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent,
We are looking for a Cost Accountant who will assist in coordinating DCP’s cost accounting, cost of sales analysis, product costing and variance analysis.
- Deputy Head of Finance Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
- Account Receivable Officer Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
- Medical Officer Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
Cost Accountant Key Responsibilities
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate production data including raw materials consumed in production, production quantity, downtime, etc.
- Generate variance analysis of planned vs. actual activity rates and standard prices monthly and investigate variances.
- Plan standard product costs including the cost of activities for each month based on approved actual values for the previous month.
- Allocate costs for central or joint expenditure to relevant cost centres in line with DCP’s cost allocation policies.
- Allocate direct operating and overhead costs across products to evaluate and control product pricing, profitability, and trends.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
- Perform period closing and related activities for product costing.
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory liability accounts.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
How to Apply For Cost Accountant In Dangote
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Dangote Group recruitment portal.
- fill the online application form
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is not specified.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.