International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Data Manager Job At International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The vacant position of Data Manager is currently available at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
- Head, Genetic Resources Centre Job At International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Senior Research Associate Job At International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Software Engineer Job Vacancy At Fairmoney
The successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
Data Manager Duties
- Monitor, supervise, screen, maintain and analyze data for the cassava breeding
- Carry out analysis of experimental data such as analysis of variance for comparing genotype performance for a single location and multi-environment GXE trials using standard applications in SAS, R, and GGEBiplot software;
- Develop appropriate selection indices for the rapid advancement of cassava breeding trials including rapid data processing from harvest to selection to accommodate the perishable nature of cassava planting
- Work closely with a molecular geneticist and biometricians to integrate field and molecular data for genetic mapping studies;
- Backstop research supervisors in the development of experimental designs to apply the appropriate statistical model for analysis;
- Prepare periodic status summaries on data analysis activities;
- Contribute to the preparation of reports, publications and visual presentation of analysis results;
- Contribute to international cassava database development for NEXTGEN cassava
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Contribute to the adoption of field data collection systems including the use of electronic devices and provide training to the cassava breeding community on the use of these devices;
- Contribute to development and maintenance of IITA cassava breeding database including curation of pedigrees, clone names, genotypic and phenotypic data;
- Conduct capacity development regarding data management and analysis for cassava breeding staff, NARs partners, and other cassava partners;
- Provide backstopping support to IITA hub breeding regarding data management and analysis;
- Represent IITA at international meetings on data management;
- Responsible for development and maintenance of cassava ontologies;
- Integration of CG core metadata schema into cassavabase.org;
Master’s in Computer Science, Statistics or Agricultural Science or related field with a minimum of six (6) years experience in data management for a plant breeding program in a well-structured environment or donor-funded organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient in the use of MS Access, MS Excel, statistical packages (SAS, STATA, SPSS, R, METAR, AGDR, GEAR, PBTOOL, GenStat, ASREML, GBEBiplot), computer programming languages (JAVA), DMBS
- Have a good understanding of experimental design, statistics and its principle in plant breeding and
- Ability to work under pressure, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work under minimal supervision.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply For Data Manager Job
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) recruitment portal,
- Fill the online application form.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is 20th July.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.