Data Scientist Job Vacancy At Cowrywise
A Data Scientist job vacancy is currently available at Cowrywise. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Cowrywise is a fintech company democratizing access to premium financial services by making these services available to the mass market cheaply.
About this position
In achieving our goal of making wealth management accessible to Africans, we work with a lot of data from different sources. We are looking for a Data Scientist who will make these data fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. You will help us analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns and use them to optimize our performance. You will build data products to extract valuable business insights, analyze trends, and help us make better decisions. We are looking for someone passionate about answering tough questions with data.
Data Scientist Responsibilities
- Build robust data models, reports, and visualizations to support the business
- Create predictive models and be familiar with various machine-learning algorithms
- Identify the needs of the business and product teams, and come up with appropriate data-driven solutions.
- Identify the required data needed and work with the engineering team to ensure such data is collected and available to produce relevant business insights.
- Work with the product teams to create new products and features based on derived insights from data.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience working as a Data Scientist and carrying out data analytics.
- Experience involving using quantitative data analysis to solve real-world problems.
- Skill and experience in extracting insights from data and communicating such insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A solid grounding in SQL and Python.
- Enjoy exploring data, building and evaluating machine learning models
- Excellent collaborative skills and enjoy working with a diverse group of people to solve problems
- Experience with open-source data science/machine learning, analytics tools, libraries, and frameworks like Scikit learn, Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Scipy, Tensorflow etc
You would have an additional advantage if:
- You have previous experience in deploying machine learning models to production
- You have in-depth knowledge about the finance/fin-tech space.
If selected, you would have access to:
- Earn in the top 10% of industry benchmark
- Working with some of the smartest and creative engineers
- 21 days paid leave and 13th-month salary
- Fully-funded all-round health insurance
- 12% employer’s pension contribution
- An exciting opportunity to network vertically and horizontally with different businesses across the diverse sectors we interact with
- Free lunch, data allowance, and other additional benefits.
How To Apply For Data Scientist Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Cowrywise recruitment portal.
- Follow the onsite guidelines and complete your application.
- The application deadline was not specified.
To apply for this job please visit cowrywise.breezy.hr.