Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
Deputy Director, Faculties Job Vacancy At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
A Deputy Director, Faculties job vacancy is currently available at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Chief Strategy Officer (Senior Manager) Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Web Development Engineer Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Maintenance Officer Job At Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 to:
(i) determine what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become members of the accountancy profession and to raise those standards from time to time as circumstances may permit;
(ii) secure following the provision of the Act, the establishment and maintenance of the registers of fellows, associates and registered accountants entitled to practice as accountants and auditors and to publish from time to time a list of those persons;
(iii) perform, through the Council of the Institute, all other functions conferred on it by the Act. As the foremost professional accounting body in the West African sub-region, in 1982, ICAN initiated and contributed significantly to the formation of the Association of Accounting Bodies in West Africa (ABWA). In fulfilling its mission, the Institute has over the years certified 38,000 Chartered Accountants who are engaged in value creation in various sectors of the economy. Apart from being in professional practice, ICAN members are engaged in the three tiers of public service as well as the private sector.
- He is responsible for providing overall intellectual leadership and guidance for all programmes and activities of the seven faculties of the Institute: Auditing, Investigation and Forensic; Information Technology & Consulting; Public Finance Management; Corporate Finance Management; Taxation & Fiscal Policy; Corporate Reporting and; Insolvency & Corporate Re-engineering Faculties.
Deputy Director, Faculties Responsibilities
- Provides leadership for the development of a highly effective and efficient curriculum for all the faculties;
- Undertakes research activities on topical, financial and economic issues as they relate to each faculty;
- Ensures high-quality materials for each faculty programme; Networks with senior specialists, practitioners and academics as well as with national, regional and international institutions, to ensure the continued relevance of faculties materials and programmes for the profession;
- Establishes and actively maintains close links with relevant national and international institutes, both to promote relevant topics to the accounting profession within their structures and to promote topical and contemporary issues of interest to the Institute and its members;
- Provides thought leadership initiatives to strategically reposition the directorate and the Institute and;
- Manages the Faculties Directorate, including functional management of the directorate, including financial management of activities, supervision and capacity building of staff in the directorate;
- Relates frequently with the Registrar, the Deputy Registrar (Technical Services) and other management staff
- Relates with other professional institutes, academics, firms and the Institute’s members.
- Minimum of an M.Sc. or equivalent in Accounting or Economics (Possession of a Ph. D or equivalence will offer a distinct advantage)
- Must be a Chartered Accountant
- Should possess at least ten (10) years of relevant post-professional qualification experience.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrate management competencies
- Strong record of facilitation
- Experience in leading, managing and coordinating a broad range of developmental programmes in line with strategic objectives
- Should be capable of inspiring the confidence of boss and subordinates
- Should possess impeccable integrity and proven commitment to good governance
- Should be innovative, confident and must demonstrate a keen interest in the organization’s activities
- Should be IT proficient
- Expert knowledge of research in
- Economics, Accounting and Finance
- Should be capable of working under pressure, delivering on timelines and achieving strategic goals/targets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated capacity to work cooperatively and in partnership with diverse groups, while sensitively balancing the requirements of these groups
- High-level consultation and negotiations skills.
How To Apply For Deputy Director, Faculties
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
The application deadline is 17th November.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.