Deputy Head of Finance Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
The vacant position of Deputy Head of Finance is currently available in Dangote Group. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, founded by Aliko Dangote. It is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent,
We are looking for a Deputy Head of Finance who will oversee the plant’s budgeting and reporting; financial analysis and forecasting; cost and revenue management; and fixed asset accounting and ensure accuracy of the plant’s financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements.
- Account Receivable Officer Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
- Medical Officer Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
- Fixed Asset Officer Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
Deputy Head of Finance Key Responsibilities
- Drive the implementation of approved finance policies at the plant.
- Drive and oversee the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all business units within the plant comply with stated guidelines and that exception are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of periodic management reports at the Plant to aid management decision-making.
- Ensure ongoing review, update and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analysis.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with DCP Nigeria’s accounting policies, and IFRS.
- Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments within the plant on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
- Assume overall responsibility for the integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of the information contained in and the compliance of the plant’s financial report with relevant reporting regulations.
- Ensure effective utilisation of plant’s financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
- Proactively identify risks, and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
- Ensure that organisational policies concerning accounting for fixed assets are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure respective plant complies with all applicable tax laws and statutory requirements.
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders including local and international tax authorities, tax consultants, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation of the department’s budget and approve departmental in line with approved authority limits.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Head of Finance on the activities of the department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Finance.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including an understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ international accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Proven experience in strategic financial planning and analysis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Very sound business acumen – financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strong negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
How to Apply For Deputy Head of Finance In Dangote
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Dangote Group recruitment portal.
- fill the online application form
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is not specified.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.