Action Against Hunger
Deputy Head of MEAL Department (2 Positions) Job At Action Against Hunger
The vacant position of Deputy Head of MEAL Department is currently available in Action Against Hunger, suitably qualified candidates who possess the below-stated criteria should proceed and apply.
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
AAH is looking to fill the role of Grants and Compliance Manager to be based in Borno State. The Grants and Compliance Manager is required to work closely with the program team ensuring successful grants management and compliance in project implementation in Borno, deliver effective information management and program quality control, support ongoing context analysis, scenario planning, and risk analysis. In addition, the post holder is also required to participate in internal and external meetings including leading partnership development opportunities.
- Project Manager – ECHO Job Vacancy At Action Against Hunger
- Grants and Compliance Manager Job Vacancy At Action Against Hunger
Deputy Head of MEAL Department Responsibilities/Duties
- Work closely with the HOD in ensuring appropriate and rigorous MEAL systems are developed to guide project start-up, implementation, adjustment, accountability, and learning in compliance with AAH’s MEAL Guidelines and Minimum Requirements for MEAL;
- Review and validation of Term of Reference (ToRs) and data collection tools for baseline surveys, needs assessments, mid-term and end of project reviews/evaluations;
- Coordinate with field teams during the preparation of comprehensive MEAL plans for each project to capture quantitative and qualitative data for project performance tracking and reporting;
- In collaboration with health, nutrition, FSL, and WASH teams, design the framework for the physical and process monitoring of project activities;
- Review and validate MEAL reports including conducting an internal evaluation of projects and support external evaluations and consultancies;
- Participate in the development and revision of internal and external reports, ensuring compliance with donor requirements and that reports reflect an actual representation of field implementation activities and results based on MEAL findings;
- Support donor reporting and project proposal development including proper implementation of the feedback and complaints response mechanism
- Provide regular feedback to the senior management team on standard indicators for all sectors while comparing across field locations;
- Organize and coordinate mid-term reviews, learning workshops/review of program work plans with program teams at field level and other stakeholders
- Review documentation of project activities with a clear articulation of lessons learned, case studies, and short articles for each project for internal and external sharing
- Manage centralized information database by regularly updating contextual information dashboard with current, explicit data and statistics to support during regional situational analysis, program updates, concepts, and proposal development
- With support from the HOD, institutionalize and document the tracking and implementation of lessons learned and recommendations from all assessments conducted;
- Represent the organization at the National level and promote ACF’s technical viewpoints, guidelines, and mode of operation;
- Provide inputs for the appraisals of the MEAL team and well contribute to the professional development of team members;
- Under the guidance of the MEAL HOD, ensure proper budget follow up for MEAL budget lines per projects and budget planning of MEAL activities
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Social Sciences, statistics, demography, Public Health, Nutrition, Monitoring, and Evaluation or a related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects;
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectorial programming, in the field of MEAL;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills), knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri is desirable;
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management)
- Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy;
- Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient and skillful use of Microsoft Office package, SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, Epi-info software’s, Power BI;
- Excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports;
- Advanced knowledge of international humanitarian guidelines and standards including donor regulations;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment;
- Experience in nutrition, health, WASH and/or food security and livelihood programming
- Experience working in emergency settings;
- Familiarity with institutional donors (OFDA, ECHO, UN, DFID, FFP…) reporting and regulations.
How To Apply For Deputy Head of MEAL Department Job In Action Against Hunger
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Action Against Hunger recruitment portal.
- Fill the application form accurately with the requested details.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The deadline for this position is Friday, May 7th.
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- Other benefits include but are not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit acfinternational.applytojob.com.