Deputy Medical Coordinator
Deputy Medical Coordinator Job Vacancy At Medecins Sans Frontieres
A Deputy Medical Coordinator job vacancy is currently available at Medecins Sans Frontieres. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 208 working hours per month
Medecins Sans Frontieres is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation that provides medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare.
Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff – most of them hired locally. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality.
- Nursing Activity Manager – CTC / CTU Job At Medecins Sans Frontieres
- IECHP Manager – CTC / CTU Job At Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Janitorial Cleaning Operations Manager Job At Klinserv Solution Limited
Deputy Medical Coordinator Responsibilities
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including defining, leading and coordinating the entire medical scope of the mission, according to MSF protocols, standards, policies and values, to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the targeted population and thus improving their overall health and living conditions.
- Fully assuming the medical coordinator’s responsibilities in case of absence.
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring and updating the medical content of the MSF country policy and annual plan by scanning health needs and translating them into objectives, priorities and resources needed to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
- At the request of the Medical Coordinator, represent MSF before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests through regular contacts with other actors in the country, negotiating with authorities when necessary, and informing on MSF charter, values and principles.
- Participating and contributing in the definition and update of the country policy, annual plan and budgets to develop the projects and programmes aimed at addressing humanitarian issues at stake ensuring its efficiency and quality.
- Coaching, training and motivating the teams in the mission to align all field staff with MSF values and ethics, and ensuring their capability to carry out their job achieving MSF quality standards.
- Collaborating with the logistics department according to project needs on pharmacy management to ensure enough and quality supply of drugs and medical material (i.e. review of medical orders and monitoring of medicines consumption and stock levels of the different projects).
- Assist in defining and implementing the staff health and security policies for international and national staff to ensure its overall safety (i.e. monitors both physical and mental health state of staff, promote compliance of all related protocols and procedures and collaborate in the update of issues regarding the security context).
- Able to fully undertake the responsibilities of the Medical Coordinator and his tasks in case of absence/gaps.
- Essential Degree in Medicine or other Paramedical Studies.
- Training in tropical medicine or Public Health will be an asset.
- Essential 2 years experience in relevant jobs, in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries.
- Mission working language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- As per the MSF salary scale (national contract).
How To Apply For Deputy Medical Coordinator Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Medecins Sans Frontieres recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form.
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- The application deadline is 13th September.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.