Designer Job Vacancy At Jumia
A Designer job vacancy is currently available at Jumia. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option for extra convenience.
Shopping online in Nigeria is easy and convenient for us. The Jumia mall provides you with a wide range of products you can trust. Discover JIM’s Big Thing for that special person in your life. You can also shop online for Valentine gifts and have them delivered directly to your loved one.
- Account Payable Officer Job Vacancy At Jumia
- Treasury Officer Job Vacancy At Jumia
- Tax Account Manager Job Vacancy At Jumia
- You will handle the production of Jumia marketing design production for online & offline needs. This entails but is not limited to working directly with the commercial teams, customer care, J-force, social media, affiliates, onsite and various other teams.
- You will report to your Design lead among other various reporting channels including your
CMOS, Heads of design, etc.
- You will assist in training new design hires, uphold design asset QC while keeping
schedule and capacity requirements through design sprints.
- You will also act as a touchpoint for design-related consultations from onsite to marketing run campaigns local operations and sometimes other Jumia ventures across
the world with the absence of your design lead.
- You will assume the Design lead role and responsibilities when they are indisposed (you don’t need a title to be a leader)
- You will produce design materials for all Jumia marketing, commercial, onsite, and
- social engagements requirements. You will assist in creating and developing campaign
- ideas and concepts, applying consumer behaviour insights to customer journeys and
- experiences on/in Jumia. You will share incremental improvements, feedback on
- the process, and participate in regular creative brainstorm sessions. You will produce design work, assist in training and managing Junior designers, quality control of design for all assets during campaigns and normal CP. You will
- facilitate skills transfer to new and struggling designers through mentorship and hands-on training sessions.
- You will exemplify our Jumia culture as a senior designer to new hires; you will be expected to be a role model to all Jumia employees
Marketing and Sales
- You will work with Vendor and Category management teams to shape the messaging and communication for Jumia campaigns.
UX and Product
- You will be required to share feedback on our products to help refine and improve them. You will be required to participate in UX tests and reviews from time to time
- You will participate in training junior designers. You need to keep up with eCommerce trends and learnings from within Jumia and without, you will be expected to study and keep up with world design fails and success stories related to eCommerce, innovations from other leading platforms to help develop new ground-breaking products for local applications.
- You will incorporate best practices and success case scenarios to shape future marketing and engagement communications through design.
Brand maintenance and development
- You will study and use our brand guides and rule books to make sure all our communications adhere to our brand identity.
- Maintain consistency in the use of the brands.
- You will act as a guardian to said brand identity and call out fails and breaches in said brand guides.
- You will train new designers on the brand guidelines and make sure all local
- t\Touchpoints reflect said guidelines in all use cases. You will propose and observe areas of improvement for said guidelines; even if just to update them.
Marketing and campaigns
Create visual identities and oversee their adaptation across multiple platforms Work with stakeholders to review and approve final campaign assets and guides You will apply and review production on said guides for enforcement, QC fails and recommend changes on team’s design production Research market trends and conduct a competitive analysis to improve inhouse standards and benchmarks, making recommendations to your team lead Promote skills development and tools competence within the team
- Promote creative skills development by promoting curiosity and inquisitive attitudes within teammates
- Identity struggling teammates and recommend training and improvement programs to your team lead Assist your team lead in management tasks and roles from time to time Review capacity requirements, share feedback with your team lead. Make a strong role model influence off the clock and on it. Grow your team as designers
- and people as well. In extreme scenarios, be ready to make tough decisions by making
- compelling arguments for termination with well-documented support to your team lead.
UI/UX and Product
Propose improvements during test cycles and give feedback on design samples and modules
Receive feedback from other teams about design and interaction bottlenecks on the websites and escalate using proper channels for action
- Degree/Cert. in Design, Visual/Fine Arts or a relevant field
- 3+ years of experience leading creative experience design or comparative position or equivalent experience (experience in eCommerce/ customer experience would be a plus)
- Strong people skills
- Comfortable working in a high impact, high energy, fast-paced environment
- Proven competence in design standard tools e.g., Adobe suite
- Tolerant working under pressure where high stakes are on the table
- Showcased creativity
How To Apply For Designer Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Jumia recruitment portal.
- Hit the ‘Apply for this job’ button and fill the online application form accurately.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted.
- The application deadline was not specified.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African eCommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
To apply for this job please visit africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net.