Africa Union Commission (AUC)
Director Human Resources Management
Application is invited from the suitably qualified individuals for the vacant position of Director Human Resources Management in Africa Union Commission (AUC).
Interested candidates must possess all the listed requirements as well as being capable of carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities.
Purpose of Job
To provide strategic leadership for managing the Human Resource policies and programs in line with the Commission’s vision and corporate strategy.
- Provides overall strategic leadership on HR Management and Development to the entire African Union Organs.
- Leads and manages the directorate’s personnel in all HR functions, budget, performance, quality, employee relations matters, and training in conformity with relevant rules and procedures.
- Contributes to the development of the overall strategy of the organization
- Determines develops and executes the overall strategy of the Directorate and ensure alignment with Commission-wide strategy;
- Designs and develops a business continuity plan to address unforeseen circumstances
- Develops and oversees policy development and guidelines according to the organizations’ legal framework.
- Designs policies consistent with the AU’s goal in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area.
- Manages risks and recommend mitigation strategies in the implementation of HR functions
- Prepares and oversees integrated programmes projects of overall activities of the organization.
- Builds and maintains a strategic plan to form good working relations with other directorates/departments.
- Develops and maintains regular working relations with top-level stakeholders in appropriate agencies of the Member States and partners.
- Ensures the organization of meetings between the organization and other relevant partners
- Leads and delivers a continuous successful change management process that responds to changing delivery expectations of the Commission;
- Ensures the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and other reports.
- Oversees the collection of contributed funds to the organization.
- Initiates and takes necessary actions to collect funds and for the African Union as a whole.
- Proposes training programmes relating to programme designing and coordination.
- Promotes awareness and training of best practices in areas of expertise.
- Develops and maintains regular working relations across the African Union and with all relevant stakeholders in driving organizational change and institutional reform through HR management and development activities and programmes
- Ensures the preparation of periodic budget execution reports and for monitoring and evaluating the directorate’s performance and the implementation of HR annual operational master plan.
- Reviews develop and deliver human resource policies that reflect best contemporary international practice.
- Conducts Human Resource Management/Development related risks analysis and develop risk management and mitigation plan.
- Represents the Commission externally including managing relations with partners, external Human
- Coordinates the implementation of the performance management function including supervision, coaching, and mentoring of all staff in the Directorate.
- Develops, Reviews, and Implements HR strategies to address emerging organizational needs and initiatives including organizational development, job design, work-life balance, acquisition and retention of talent, achievement of diversity and inclusion targets, ethics, career development, rewards and recognition, performance management as well as fair compensation and benefits;
- Leads the development, implementation, coordination and monitoring of HR policies, procedures, practices, guidelines, standards, and information systems;
- Serves as Human Resources advisor and strategic partner to senior leadership by providing strategic, technical, and tactical direction and guidance on Human Resources management and organizational development while promoting innovative HR solutions with the view of the overall management of the Commission’s activities, operations, and strategic goals achievement;
- Develops a comprehensive Human Resource planning system for the Commission aligned with the program planning and budgeting cycles, and oversee the provision of support to other Departments’ Human Resource planning, resourcing, and deployment;
- Develops and leads the implementation of qualitatively enhanced performance measurement and management systems, including initiating policies to strengthen performance management, training, and reward management;
- Manages relations with the Staff Association and promotes good employee relations through dialogue, consultation, and continuous staff engagement on Human Resources matters.
- Coordinate diagnostic surveys, Human Resource audits, stakeholder and employee surveys as needed in order to monitor and evaluate organizational culture and climate;
- Drives innovation and change initiatives to ensure effective and efficient HR support and services and promote quality management;
- Optimizes the use of ERP system for effective and efficient processing of personnel matters, providing self-service HR support, developing new HR services, conducting people’s analytics, and supporting organizational change.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business or Public Administration or Management, law, social sciences or a related field with 15 years post qualification working experience of human resource management in a large organization 7 of which should be at managerial level and 5 years at supervisory level. Experience from an international organization is an added advantage.
- Professional certification in Human Resources from a recognized institution is mandatory.
- Professional certification in project management is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in applying management principles and practices, change management, and promoting open communication and collaboration, self-development, innovation, and high performance.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining, with empathy, an appropriate balance between the organization’s needs and the welfare of staff.
- Demonstrated experience in solving people-related issues effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering briefings to diverse audiences, and to conduct effective meetings with senior management, representatives of staff associations, representatives of the Member States, and other stakeholders.
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify key strategic opportunities and risks
- Ability to actively seek, identify and apply appropriate technology to improve programme delivery
- Innovation and decision making skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic & Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
- Strategic Focus
- Developing Organisational Capability
- Change Leadership
- Strategic Risk Management
- Building Partnerships
- Drives Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with impact
- Conceptual Thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Results
- Fosters Innovation
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT :
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
GENDER MAINSTREAMING :
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The requirements and responsibilities contained in this job description do not create a contract of employment and are not meant to be all-inclusive. It may be changed by the role manager during employment on an as-needed basis.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 78, 138.00 (D1 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Requisition ID: 243
How To Apply For Director Human Resources Management
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link.
- Create an application account.
- Verify your account.
- Complete your application accurately.
- Submit applictation.
- Wait to be shortlisted for an interview.
The application deadline is May 03, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.