Ebonyi State Human Resources for Health (HRH) Policy, Situation Analysis and Strategic Plan Consultant Job Vacancy At Banyan Global
An Ebonyi State Human Resources for Health (HRH) Policy, Situation Analysis and Strategic Plan Consultant job vacancy is currently available at Banyan Global. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm, founded on the principle that integrating expertise and experience from the development community and private sector will achieve a broad and lasting impact.
Our unique team comprises seasoned private sector and international development professionals. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., Banyan Global maintains staff around the world. Banyan Global is a women-owned small business
- Integrated Human Resources Information System (iHRIS) Consultancy Job At Banyan Global
- Scholarship Program Management Consultancy Job At Banyan Global
- Workload Indicators of Staffing Needs (WISN) Consultant Job At Banyan Global
Nigeria Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity
Workload Indicators of Staffing Needs (WISN) Consultant
BG Laurel International Nigeria LTE/GTE is an owned subsidiary of Banyan Global, Inc, a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact.
The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over fifteen countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is the prime recipient of the Nigeria Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity in Nigeria. The HWM Activity is a five-year task order to support the establishment of a cost-effective, well-trained, and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kebbi, and the Sokoto States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
By its conclusion, HWM is expected to increase the production of new health workers competent to respond to current and future population health needs in these locations by 100,000; improve the distribution and skill mix of front-line workers to meet specific local demands, and strengthen the capacity of pre-service institutions to adopt and apply innovative education approaches.
Targeted interventions will contribute to 1) improved management of maternal, child, and newborn health conditions and 2) increased responsiveness to community health needs. USAID will support the Government of Nigeria’s (GON’s) commitment to planning, recruiting, training, managing, and retaining its primary health care (PHC) workforce.
This activity will contribute to the achievement of USAID/Nigeria’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objective 2 “a healthier, more educated population in targeted states” and Intermediate Result (IR) 2.1 “Utilization of quality health services in targeted areas and population groups increased.”
The HRH Policy and Strategic plan Consultant will be based in Nigeria and will report to the HWM Country Director.
The Consultant will build on the HRH work of the Ebonyi State Ministry of Health (ESMOH) by supporting the development of an HRH situational analysis report, a State HRH Policy, and a costed five-year HRH Strategic Plan with a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework that is aligned and integrated with the National HRH Policy, the HRH priority area of the Ebonyi State Strategic Health Development Plan (SSHDP), and Ebonyi State’s planning and budgeting cycles.
The HRH Policy, situational analysis report and costed HRH Strategic Plan (SP) will enable the State to define and cost its HRH interventions and integrate these with the existing NHSDP 2021-2025 for the remaining implementation period.
Ebonyi State Human Resources for Health (HRH) Policy, Situation Analysis and Strategic Plan Consultant Responsibilities
S/No Tasks LOE
- Develop a report of the situational analysis of HRH in Ebonyi state
- Review the current Ebonyi state HRH policy, HRH strategic and operational plans against that of the National In collaboration with the USAID funded President’s Malaria Initiative for States (PMI-S) project, map HRH stakeholders, including private practitioners in Ebonyi state and their interests
- Develop an implementation plan and submit it to HWM HRH Coordinator for finalization and approval
- Facilitate a two-day meeting with stakeholders to develop the Ebonyi State HRH situational analysis and the HRH strategic plan
- Work with the ESMOH HRH Focal Person and HWM Ebonyi State HRH Coordinator to revise the Terms of Reference (TORs) for the current TWG to align with the prevailing HRH priorities of the state.
- Work with the Ebonyi State HRH TWG to agree and finalize the structure and format of the HRH Strategic Plan and its alignment with the Ebonyi State Strategic Health Development Plan – 2018 to 2022
- Identify HRH issues and challenges and work with the ESMOH and Ebonyi State HRH TWG to develop strategies and activities to resolve them 17 days
- Develop Ebonyi state HRH policy and strategic plan
- Facilitate the development of the HRH policy through a five-day workshop for key stakeholders
- Validation of the HRH policy document and situation analysis report through a five-day workshop for key stakeholders
- Facilitate the development of a costed Ebonyi State HRH Strategic Plan and M&E framework through a six-day workshop for key stakeholders
- Facilitate the validation of the costed Ebonyi State HRH strategic plan and M&E framework through a two-day workshop for key stakeholders 18
Total LOE 35
By the conclusion of the consultancy, the consultant will submit the following deliverables:
- Validated Ebonyi State HRH Policy document
- Ebonyi State HRH Situational Analysis report
- Costed five-year Ebonyi State HRH Strategic Plan
- Costed M&E framework for the Ebonyi State HRH SP
- List of Ebonyi State HRH TWG members
- List of key Ebonyi State HRH stakeholders (public and private)
- A comprehensive report of activity
The consultant is expected to consult with the stakeholder throughout the process of the consultancy assignment. The consultant is also expected to share relevant information with the key stakeholders, work through consensus building and apply principles that will facilitate ownership of the processes and products.
The consultant will also present the key deliverables to the ESMOH leadership for its review and endorsement at predefined stages of the process. This is, in addition, to providing feedback promptly and submit monthly progress reports to both the ESMOH and HWM Activity
- At least 7 years experience providing technical guidance in HRH planning and development in Nigeria
- Experience in supporting PHC strengthening reforms related to Human Resources for Health situational analysis, policy, and strategic plans
- Understanding of the Nigerian health system, National and State-level policies and guidelines related to HRH, and the PHC system, including the challenges and barriers facing the country around HRH planning and implementation
- Understanding of the nature and functioning of public-sector organizations, especially in the health sector
- Knowledgeable of HR information and database management systems and processes
- A degree in public health management and administration, HR, medicine, program management or experience in specialized training in areas such as HRH, health financing, data management is preferred
Timing and Level of Effort
The expected period of performance for this assignment is 35 days between April and June 2022. The expected number of travel days will not exceed twenty.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current CV listing all work experience and qualifications and a Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your Cover Letter and your resume/CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application deadline is 20th March 2022.