Educational Specialist Job Vacancy At IDMANN Institute
Educational Specialist job vacancy is currently available at IDMANN Institute. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
- Advertising Sales Executive Job At IDMANN Institute
- Business Development Manager Job At IDMANN Institute
- Technical Services Manager Job At IDMANN Institute
The IDMANN Institute provides tertiary education. The Institute operates two colleges and one school-the College of General Studies, the College of Lifelong Learning, and the School of Technical Sciences. The School of Technical Sciences awards diplomas and degrees in support of the specialized training programs offered, while the Colleges only award Associate’s Degrees (equivalent to an advanced Diploma) and Certificates of Completion respectively.
The College of General Studies provides basic training in a variety of courses to enable matriculation into the School of Technical Sciences. The courses are intended to “provide a durable, discernible and differentiating set of core competencies & professional values shared by all graduates of IDMANN Institute irrespective of vocation or field of specialization”.
Every student who intends to graduate from any of the School of Technical Science must complete the Associate Training Program in the College of General Studies, or demonstrate sufficient proficiency to secure a waiver in pertinent courses.
The College of Lifelong Learning provides training for external students of all ages (including retirees and mid-career professionals) seeking personal or professional development in a variety of subject areas. These courses are typically not geared toward degrees or diplomas but instead proficiency tests that lead to a Certificate of Completion.
The Institute is headed by the Provost (who oversees the entire Institute) and is supported by a Dean of Technical Sciences and the Masters of the Colleges. The Institute is located in Umuahia. A significant majority of the courses are offered as online learning opportunities.
Educational Specialist Responsibilities
- Demonstrable experience coordinating, overseeing teaching staff, evaluating performance and recommending changes that could strengthen teaching skills.
- Planning, conducting and coordinating teacher training programs and conferences dealing with new classroom procedures, instructional materials, equipment and teaching aids.
- Interpret and enforce provisions of the standard and operational education codes, rules and regulations.
- Prior experience or training in vocational, adult or remedial education is advantageous to this role.
- Conduct or participate in workshops, committees, and conferences designed to promote the intellectual, social, and physical welfare of students.
- Advise teaching and administrative staff in curriculum development, use of materials and equipment, and implementation of state and federal programs and procedures.
- Prior experience as an educational specialist, principal, school administrator or related position is required.
- Qualification: M.Sc. Education / Bachelor of Education.
- At least 5 years of work experience.
How To Apply For Educational Specialist Job
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their current Resume with a Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications submitted without a cover letter will be deemed non-responsive.
- Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis till all positions are filled.
The application deadline is 24th December.