International Institute of Tropical Agriculture - IITA
Enterprise Development and Gender Officer Job Vacancy At the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA
An Enterprise Development and Gender Officer job vacancy is currently available at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries.
- Identify training needs and development of business opportunities in the agricultural value chain and non-farm enterprises for youth and women.
- Scope Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) business opportunities with special emphasis on youth and women agribusiness development.
- Gender mainstreaming and Social Inclusion (GESI) in intervention activities.
- Build on local platforms and scope for project partners in Government, NGO and private sectors for effective layering and enterprise sustainability.
- Develop and conduct enterprise training in the value chain, economic and financial literacy, cooperative management, and micro-credit administration.
- Collect data on training and enterprise development activities and report periodically.
- Mentor Small and Growing Businesses (SGBs) and linkage to finance input and output markets.
- Support youth and women participants to develop bankable business plans and commercially viable business models along with the agricultural value chain and
- nonfarm enterprises.
- Train youth and women participants in record keeping and business management.
- Support the development of appropriate financial products targeting rural youth and women in consultation with collaborating financial institutions.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
BSc/HND in Agriculture Extension, Business Administration, or related field with a minimum of five (5) years of experience performing a similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have previous experience working with youth and women.
- Have a background in agriculture and the value chain.
- Have enterprise (MSME) development and mentorship experience.
- Have experience working in the northeast, Nigeria.
- Have Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) working experience
- Speaks fluent Hausa for community mobilization and training facilitation
- Possess Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills
- Have good communication skills.
How To Apply For Enterprise Development and Gender Officer Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture – IITA recruitment portal.
- Complete the online application form and submit your application.
- The application deadline is 29th June 2022.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.