Save The Children
Enumerators Job Recruitment At Save The Children
The vacant position of Enumerators is currently available in Save the Children Organization, suitably qualified candidates who possess the below stated criteria should proceed and apply.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education, and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict, and natural disasters.
Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere. In this regard, Save the Children in consortium with International Alert and two Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) /Community Based Organizations (CBOs) namely; Civil Society and Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC) is implementing EU Support to Early Recovery from Conflict and Resilience Building project in Yobe State.
It is a three and half year (2019-2021) EU-supported project that seeks to strengthen Early Recovery, improved human development, social cohesion, and Resilience among targeted vulnerable households and communities in Damaturu, Gujba, and Potiskum LGAs of Yobe state. To successfully implement the program, we are currently seeking enumerators for our field-based data collection activities.
The Enumerator has the responsibility of collecting data, Conduct interviews of respondents in the communities according to the evaluation questionnaires, He/she is to work with the MEAL /Program team throughout the exercise.
- Office Assistant Job Recruitment At Save The Children
- Community Mobilization Assistant Job Recruitment At Save The Children
- Project Manager Education Job At Save The Children Organization
Enumerators Job Responsibilities
- Represent SCI in the field, with professionalism, honesty, and commitment
- Conduct interviews of respondents in the communities according to the evaluation questionnaires
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and information management standards and protocols, sharing information only in compliance with these standards.
- Work with cultural sensitivity and respect the dignity of vulnerable children and families and members of the communities at all times.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures concerning Child safeguarding health and safety and other relevant policies
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned by the supervisor
Requirements For Enumerators Job In Save The Children Organization
- Degree, HND, ND, SSCE in any relevant field
- Experience working in conducting data collection in North-eastern Nigeria (Yobe state in particular) will be an advantage
- Familiarity with the use of ODK and other online survey data collection tools
- Fluent in written and spoken English and local language (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulfulde, Kare-Kare, Ngizim)
- Must possess excellent interpersonal relations skills
- Able to communicate effectively in local languages and build strong relationships with people in many different environments.
- Able to work independently
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy
- Previous experience conducting community-based data collection
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of the local language
- Experience and skills in the management of staff
- Understanding of the regional dynamics of the conflict
- Experience in working in an insecure environment
- Indigenes and residents of Damaturu, Potiskum, Gujba, Jakusko, Fune, and Fika are highly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
- Use the ‘Apply For Job’ link below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Save The Children application portal.
- On the portal, click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Create and verify an application account using your active email.
- Log into your dashboard and complete your account by providing the requested details accurately.
The application deadline is 12th May.
We do NOT request prospective volunteers to pay any money for recruitment.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Do not apply if you are already an enumerator with SCI Yobe.
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.