Environment Officer (Cement Industry) Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
The vacant position of Environment Officer (Cement Industry) is currently available in Dangote Group. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, founded by Aliko Dangote. It is the largest conglomerate in West Africa and one of the largest on the African continent,
We are looking for an Environment Officer (Cement Industry) who will implement and coordinate all environment activities at the plant as well as coordinate environmental monitoring activities and enforce compliance with regulations
- Maintenance Manager – Mechanical (Cement Industry) Job In Dangote Group
- Plant Finance Controller Job Vacancy In Dangote Group
- Mechanical Engineer (Cement Industry) Job In Dangote Group
Environment Officer (Cement Industry) Key Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain a consistent strategy for the management of environmental issues in the plant.
- Ensure continual reduction of environmental risks associated with OCPs operations, to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP).
- Champion Environmental issues in the plant.
- Manage, direct and inspire a team of independent professionals in the field of industrial environmental management.
- Offer specialist advice on environmental issues to DCP management
- Support the development and implementation of environmental management as parts of the HSE management system in line with DCP policies.
- Shall offer advice on specific environmental issues during operation and maintenance on waste handling storage and disposals.
- Investigating environmental incidence to identify the root causes and measures to forestall future occurrences.
- Shall act as DCP Regulatory compliance adviser and shall advise and direct DCP management on acceptable environmental standards and ensure compliance.
- To establish processes and targets for incorporating environmental and safety standards into DCP business so as achieve business and corporate objectives.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Environmental Sciences.
- Membership of Safety professional body such as IOSH and ISPON.
- Minimum 18years relevant work experience.
- Professional qualifications from an HSE body such as British Safety Council (BSC), Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH), Nigeria Institute of Safety professionals (ISPON) and NEBOSH.
Skills and Competencies
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and manufacturing industries.
- Adequate knowledge of Safety and Environmental management requirements & regulations.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Adequate knowledge of environmental monitoring and sampling techniques.
- Very good knowledge of OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001, and ISO 9001 will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
How to Apply For Environment Officer (Cement Industry) In Dangote Group
- Click the ‘Apply For Job’ button below.
- Follow the link displayed to proceed to the Dangote Group recruitment portal.
- fill the online application form
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application and await notification if shortlisted for an interview.
- The application deadline is not specified.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.