Medecins Sans Frontieres
Epidemiologist Job Vacancy At Medecins Sans Frontieres
An Epidemiologist job vacancy is currently available at Medecins Sans Frontieres. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified individuals who possess all the below-listed criteria.
Report to (Hierarchical): Medical Coordinator
Report to (functional): Medical Coordinator / Activity Manager / Medical Project Referent
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 3 (Three) Months Renewable
Workhour: 48 Hours per Week
Medecins Sans Frontieres is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation that provides medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare.
Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff – most of them hired locally. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality.
- Assessing, implementing and maintaining the epidemiological surveillance systems/monitoring (if needed) according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures to contribute to appropriate evidence-based decision making using well managed health data in an outbreak and emergency MSF programmes
- Personnel Administration Manager Job At Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Head of Mission Assistant Job At Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Medical Doctor Job Vacancy At Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Carrying out key epidemiological activities in outbreak investigation (description including time, place, people with emphasis on mapping when it is needed) and advising on the operational response
- Implementing and maintaining a surveillance system to monitor epidemiological trends of relevant outbreak-prone diseases. Guiding activities of medical staff for surveillance and/or active case finding, including ensuring understanding of the need for consistent case definitions and data recording (briefing of all new staff)
- Monitoring and Implementing initial Assessment (for the emergency), rapid health assessments and (baseline or follow-up) surveys. Where standard protocols are not available or appropriate, developing a protocol seeking extensive feedback and pilot testing of tools to ensure the objectives will be met robustly with the support of HQ epidemiologist
- Preparing and adapting routine documentation (survey forms, training materials, letters of request/notification, locally appropriate consent forms etc.) with support of HQ epidemiologist. Preparing an appropriate sampling frame and sample selection guidelines with support of HQ epidemiologist
- Planning and supervising the associated HR processes of the staff under his/her responsibility (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) and ensuring that staff exhibits required skills after training and pilot test
- Managing data systems and ensuring accurate, high-quality databases; analyzing results and preparing regular written reports on progress and findings for medical coordinator/HQ and when appropriate to external collaborators/networks (MoH, other NGOs, etc.)
- Providing training sessions to medical teams on relevant aspects of epidemiology to enhance team response capacity.
- Medical Doctor (preferable), Nurse or Biomedical background with a Degree in Epidemiology.
- At least a few years of tropical medicine experience (having assumed coordination position is a plus)
- Experience in Field Epidemiology
- Mission language essential.
- Use of epidemiology related analytical software (excel, Epi-info, STATA or SPSS)
- Results and Quality Orientation – L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation – L2
- Behavioural Flexibility – L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles – L2
- Stress Management – L3.
- According to the OCBA salary grid-scale (National contract).
How To Apply For Epidemiologist Job
- Hit the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below.
- Follow the displayed link to proceed to the Medecins Sans Frontieres recruitment portal.
- Fill the online application form.
- Upload the requested documents.
- Submit your application.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- The application deadline is 6th September.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.